oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
We have always fed good quality kibble and occasional sardines, veggies and beer...Belgian Beer...yes, I don't mess around when it comes to beer and neither does Lala.
Anyway...nearly 5 year old Bubba came into rescue a few months ago blind, dirty, greasy and extra stinky. We bathed him and immediately started him on Zignature Duck. The food was well tolerated right from the get-go. He had a sludge-filled tail pocket but once thoroughly cleaned at bath time, occasional routine wiping has kept it sparkling. His ears also cleaned up nicely. His eyes with regular drop dosing have come a long way...he can actually see pretty good now. He will be on drops from now on.

The only issue he held on to was his odor. Baths did not help with his odor. Unable to figure it out we just figured he's one of the stinky dogs...nothing to be done. Well, FF to 3 weeks ago. For the zillionth time I heard on the radio that annoying commercial for DinoVite and how it magically cures everything that ails the common dog...stops shedding, scratching, scooting, itching, whining, wallowing retching, wheezing, whatever...it even stops STINK! Dang! STINK?

Against my better judgement, I ordered a $50 box of this stuff and thought I'd try it for a couple of weeks. Little did I know that it says on the box to slowly build up to max dose over a period of 4 weeks or so...maybe longer...I can't remember. We started off with a 1/4 scoop and a week later we're at a 1/2 scoop. I didn't notice anything different and kinda forgot about even looking/sniffing to see if there was any change. Well, LO&BEHOLD, after 2 weeks the boy doesn't stink anymore. I have no answer...I really thought that it was $ wasted but he smells great, like he has no smell. It works! At least it works for Bubba...YMMV. We will just keep him at 1/2 scoop unless the odor returns.
I just had to share.
Bubba...yes, in Sandy's chair. We never let rescues on the furniture but we know where he's going he will be allowed on furniture...so he's been getting a chair pass...from MINI. They have bonded and MINI will miss him when he's gone, and him her.

Bubba.jpg

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Oh he is a handsome boy! Interesting on the Dinovite...I know the commercial!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is gorgeous! Another great job of love and care!

always heard the commercials too and thought the same as you... probably wasted money. But great to hear it has helped him

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
That is interesting. I have always resisted that ad. Maybe there is something in it after all!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
"Against my better judgement, I ordered a $50 box of this stuff and thought I'd try it for a couple of weeks. Little did I know that it says on the box to slowly build up to max dose over a period of 4 weeks or so...maybe longer...I can't remember."
Very interesting about Dinovite! For awhile they were advertising alot on the radio-so I figured that if they have to advertise SO much, it must not work!! Very interesting @oscarmayer

https://youtu.be/E2IF8HejE1w

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]
I love to see pics of bulldogs here on the forum, and every now and then there is one who reminds me of our furball. Brindle Bubba indeed looks very much like Castor, so of course I think he is very handsome. He looks so comfortable there next to Mini and Sandy and I hope he's future home will be as great as his current residence!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hmm... maybe I need that for Wallygator!!! Lol

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
WOW!! Good to know, Thought the same thing when I heard the commercial.

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Thanks for sharing this.. I too have heard the commercial and wondered.
My 2 arenā€™t stinky unless their Amalā€™s need to be done... but will certainly keep this in mind.

Also I have had mine on the nuvet plus vitamins for over a year so maybe thatā€™s why they arenā€™t stinky??? [emoji2958]

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Looks like it's a great product to buy just 1 box of it to correct your dog's deficiencies. I'm not sure if I'd want to use it beyond that, due to the zinc in it not being balanced by copper,plus it has digestive enzymes which I wouldn't want to give my dog long term unless she has pancreatitis.
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] P.S. how can you give up Bubba? Him and MINI are adorable together !

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] P.S. how can you give up Bubba? Him and MINI are adorable together !
Itā€™s really funny...their relationship. Bubba learned to bark night before last. Heā€™s not barked once that I know of until he wanted up into the chair with Mom and MINI. MINI wouldnā€™t let him up so he strutted around and scuffed and postured and just like that, started barking at her. MINI was as surprised as we were. That went on for 20 minutes or so before he gave up and pulled enough of their blanket off the chair for him to lay down upon.
Eventually, MINI got down to cool off and he took her place. When it came time for MINI to want back up, Bubba did not protest and they settled in the the duration. 576C944A-EE67-41D1-A1F2-B74CBA40A9DD.jpeg
6AA8370F-AD5C-449A-970B-C6F3645CDF03.jpeg
04C1C85B-4970-41E6-87F0-5BBC3A18C05D.jpeg
Heā€™s a sweet boy that deserves a great home and weā€™ve got the perfect one ready for him. Heā€™ll be going to the family that recently lost Turbo. That will be a huge void to fill but heā€™s a big boy with a very unique personality, very loving. Heā€™ll be fine and Iā€™ll get over his leaving...eventually.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Basically Dinovite contains different yeast cultures. Itā€™s usually used for skin issues or yeasty ears/paws... in a nutshell itā€™s probiotics. As we all know, a good clean healthy gut dogs/cats will have a healthier immune system. Yes smell less to. Jake smelled all the time when I got him but definitely smell less since heā€™s been 100% on raw. I prefer giving probiotics food wise. Does the same job cause $50 US I can imagine us paying this little jar 75$ Canadian.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Itā€™s really funny...their relationship. Bubba learned to bark night before last. Heā€™s not barked once that I know of until he wanted up into the chair with Mom and MINI. MINI wouldnā€™t let him up so he strutted around and scuffed and postured and just like that, started barking at her. MINI was as surprised as we were. That went on for 20 minutes or so before he gave up and pulled enough of their blanket off the chair for him to lay down upon.
Eventually, MINI got down to cool off and he took her place. When it came time for MINI to want back up, Bubba did not protest and they settled in the the duration. View attachment 119028
View attachment 119029
View attachment 119030
Heā€™s a sweet boy that deserves a great home and weā€™ve got the perfect one ready for him. Heā€™ll be going to the family that recently lost Turbo. That will be a huge void to fill but heā€™s a big boy with a very unique personality, very loving. Heā€™ll be fine and Iā€™ll get over his leaving...eventually.

I love it!!! He will have a fantastic life

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online