COVID-19 and Bulldogs

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
Hello! I hope you are all safe and doing well.

As I am sure many of you are, we have been home with Moose for almost 3 weeks now - we live in NJ. Last two days Moose has started acting weird...he got up and went to the bathroom and put himself in a corner and sat there for a good 30 minutes. I'm wondering are we screwing up his daily routine...he's not used to us being home 24/7 and I know when we are ruining his sleep schedule. He just looks off, a little tired and has been coughing/hacking a little more than usual. I'm sure that like humans they also aren't used to all of this. I know when a bulldog just gets up and sits away from his parents something is probably wrong. I'm hesitant, for now, to go to the vet because during the day he is normal...runs for his food, plays, gets excited when I say car ride.:whew:

Thoughts? How are you and your bullies getting through this stay at home policy?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be allergies ... cough anyway. Sitting in corner? Is he facing wall or just chilling

OP
bulldogs1501

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
Could be allergies ... cough anyway. Sitting in corner? Is he facing wall or just chilling

He is just sitting and chilling. The other day after 30 minutes he came to the living room with his ears back and kind of cowering

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is just sitting and chilling. The other day after 30 minutes he came to the living room with his ears back and kind of cowering

Something is off .... you may be right on schedule. But think of anything else that may have scared him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Moose should settle after a few days. If this is all thatā€™s going on Iā€™d give him a little time to shake things out. If any other symptoms come up, please post again. GL Moose!!!!...and family!!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello! I hope you are all safe and doing well.

As I am sure many of you are, we have been home with Moose for almost 3 weeks now - we live in NJ. Last two days Moose has started acting weird...he got up and went to the bathroom and put himself in a corner and sat there for a good 30 minutes. I'm wondering are we screwing up his daily routine...he's not used to us being home 24/7 and I know when we are ruining his sleep schedule. He just looks off, a little tired and has been coughing/hacking a little more than usual. I'm sure that like humans they also aren't used to all of this. I know when a bulldog just gets up and sits away from his parents something is probably wrong. I'm hesitant, for now, to go to the vet because during the day he is normal...runs for his food, plays, gets excited when I say car ride.:whew:

Thoughts? How are you and your bullies getting through this stay at home policy?

Coughs only in the day not at night? Dogs that are used to being alone during the day and all of a sudden we humans are invading their space will definitely confuse them. IDK if you have a good size backyard but you can make him run outside to burn more energy. During winter season n spring, I give my dogs Oil of Oregano every other day. Itā€™s motherā€™s nature antibiotic. I too take it. I mix a couple drops only in one of their meals and mix it into their raw food. Itā€™s strong to taste why you need to mix it n use 2 drops only.

Your dog doesnā€™t have covid.

https://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2020/03/15/coronavirus-in-animals.aspx

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I know our dogs are off their normal schedules... we are normally not home in the morning hours especially. I think it's going to take time for ALL of us to get used to this new schedule. i hope that everything is okay...

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor was a bit upset that everyone was home but he has settled down. I often work from home but now all three humans are at home and what really made Castor upset the first days was that whereas he usually has his room all to himself during the day, it has lately been occupied by his skin brother who insists sitting at his desk.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Our two could not careless that Lewis is home all day.... they just go sleep as normal. However, after the first two weeks, we re-hired our pet sitter as Lewis is so busy the boys were not getting the normal mid-day play session. So, she comes over and take them for a walk or play in the yard

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Any update on Moose? Is he settling down any? I hope he getting used to his new daily surroundings(you guys)!

OP
bulldogs1501

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
Any update on Moose? Is he settling down any? I hope he getting used to his new daily surroundings(you guys)!

Hello! Thank you for checking in. He is definitely used to us by now...we've also gotten to learn how long he can hold it before he has to go...we wake up for work and he doesn't even acknowledge us and by 1pm I have to pick him up and drag him out to go do his business. But no more weird episodes or putting himself in the corner!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online