Its time of the year....

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
My pup always break out during this time of the year, Anyone's pup does that too?
Dry itchy scalps, hair fall out like crazy, watery eyes.
What yall do to keep theirs allergies down?
I use use claritin? Bath him in Medicaid shampoo.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My pup always break out during this time of the year, Anyone's pup does that too?
Dry itchy scalps, hair fall out like crazy, watery eyes.
What yall do to keep theirs allergies down?
I use use claritin? Bath him in Medicaid shampoo.

Your profile says you’re feeding your dog Canidae? If so, there’s you issue. It’s all “meal” and TONS of starch.

Chicken meal, turkey meal, lamb meal, brown rice, white rice, rice bran, peas, potatoes, oatmeal, cracked pearled barley, chicken fat, millet, tomato pomace, natural flavor, flaxseed, oceanfish meal, salmon oil, choline chloride, salt, potassium chloride, suncured alfalfa, inulin (from chicory root), lecithin, sage ...

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
It's an old profile, but he's on the same food for last 7 years. He's doing well on it . :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Sounds like seasonal allergies. Have you tried any OTC medications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My Walter is miserable this time of year... I ended up switching his food, which has helped BUT if you don't want to go the food route. I do the cytopoint injections, and Xyzal at night (1 tablet) which helps a lot for the eye issues.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hes on farmerdog/go! Sensitive. I know its seasonal allery . Im just asking this question to see what others dog owner do when this happen to theirs pups :).

Yes farmer's dog food is a good product. :) a lot of members would go with cytopoint injections...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hes on farmerdog/go! Sensitive. I know its seasonal allery . Im just asking this question to see what others dog owner do when this happen to theirs pups :).

My guy is on raw and his allergies still kick in a bit..... we get a Cyotpoint shot every eight weeks which helps a lot. I also give local raw honey all year long to help build his immune system. Claritin on bad days

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
Have anyone try Atopica before? I hate to use meds for him. But just trying see which is best options or just let him ride it out and just use Medicaid shampoo only. Thanks

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Have anyone try Atopica before? I hate to use meds for him. But just trying see which is best options or just let him ride it out and just use Medicaid shampoo only. Thanks

Cytopoint is right now the safest option for allergies as far as prescription meds go.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Cytopoint is right now the safest option for allergies as far as prescription meds go.

AGREED! Absolutely no side effects

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
My guy is on raw and his allergies still kick in a bit..... we get a Cyotpoint shot every eight weeks which helps a lot. I also give local raw honey all year long to help build his immune system. Claritin on bad days

I also use cytopoint and it works great but they still get some allergies this time of year.. what does the honey do and how much do you give? I supplement with benedryl or Zyrtec when I need to but would much rather not if I do t have to [emoji4]

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I also use cytopoint and it works great but they still get some allergies this time of year.. what does the honey do and how much do you give? I supplement with benedryl or Zyrtec when I need to but would much rather not if I do t have to [emoji4]

local raw honey helps build immunity to the environmental allergies, I give about a teaspoon per day between the two meals, he also get Claritin as needed

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.