helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sorry for your loss...
Bella and I go on road trips every few months to my dads (only a 4 1/2 hour trip). And once a year to NY (a 15-16 hour trip) she is an awesome rider.
We bring a few toys, Nylabone and treats for the ride. And we make a stop every 3-4 hours not that she even needs to go potty, probably more for me[emoji1787][emoji23]! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheā€™s an awesome rider? Geez thatā€™s putting it mildly!! She sleeps all the way from your photos! Hahaha. Too cute!!

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
We got back a week ago, everything went smoothly. Bruschi did very well , he got scared at the motel , we went to my late dadā€™s apt he made himself a home. He even nested in a sleeping bag my dad had in his room. Human Bean (coffee drive -thru) gave Bruschi a snack , itā€™s my favorite now!

We come back home to another situation , my 91 year old maternal grandmother is in the hospital. Just so much going on , keep me in your prayers, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
We got back a week ago, everything went smoothly. Bruschi did very well , he got scared at the motel , we went to my late dadā€™s apt he made himself a home. He even nested in a sleeping bag my dad had in his room. Human Bean (coffee drive -thru) gave Bruschi a snack , itā€™s my favorite now!

We come back home to another situation , my 91 year old maternal grandmother is in the hospital. Just so much going on , keep me in your prayers, thank you!

Sounds like Bruschi was sent to you for a reason! Thoughts and prayers for your hard times.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

We come back home to another situation , my 91 year old maternal grandmother is in the hospital. Just so much going on , keep me in your prayers, thank you!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a good little traveler. Glad everything went well and at least you now know you can bring him everywhere:). How was he in the vehicle?

My thoughts are with you n your grandmother.

DCBB2E33-A86D-44B5-A868-E12D11C324A5.jpeg

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Good to hear your trip went well. Thinking of you and your grandmother.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What a good little traveler. Glad everything went well and at least you now know you can bring him everywhere:). How was he in the vehicle?

My thoughts are with you n your grandmother.

View attachment 118698

He did very well in the car. Thank you very much . My grandma loved Bruschi, she called him ā€œ El NiƱo bonitoā€ beautiful boy in Spanish.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good to hear your trip went well. Thinking of you and your grandmother.

Thank you . We are not sure if she will make it. Sheā€™s got dementia. Still in ICU

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My grandma is at home off hospice . Sheā€™s got dementia will be moved to a family members home.

I visited her Sunday evening, in Spanish I said , to her the beautiful boy loves you . She had this big smile across her face.

She called Bruschi ā€œ El NiƱo bonitoā€ means beautiful boy.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
My grandma is at home off hospice . Sheā€™s got dementia will be moved to a family members home.

I visited her Sunday evening, in Spanish I said , to her the beautiful boy loves you . She had this big smile across her face.

She called Bruschi ā€œ El NiƱo bonitoā€ means beautiful boy.

Is your grandma moving closer to you? And yes he is a beautiful boy. Her seeing Bruschi might actually be good for her. :)

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Is your grandma moving closer to you? And yes he is a beautiful boy. Her seeing Bruschi might actually be good for her. :)

She currently, lives closer to me . She will be moving out of her apt this weekend to live with my uncle.

I have thought about taking Bruschi got to ask permission first .

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
She currently, lives closer to me . She will be moving out of her apt this weekend to live with my uncle.

I have thought about taking Bruschi got to ask permission first .

That would be a great idea!

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That would be a great idea!

Update:

I took Bruschi to visit his G- nana . Her face lit up with joy. She said, he was good boy in Spanish. She enjoyed touching him , I carried him in my arms so she can see him from her bedside.

Thank you the suggestion! My aunt was happy to see we made grandma happy.

She will be moving tomorrow to my uncles home for the remainder of her life . Sheā€™s on her road to recovery and is improving daily. Sheā€™s 91.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Update:

I took Bruschi to visit his G- nana . Her face lit up with joy. She said, he was good boy in Spanish. She enjoyed touching him , I carried him in my arms so she can see him from her bedside.

She will be moving tomorrow to my uncles home for the remainder of her life . Sheā€™s on her road to recovery and is improving daily. Sheā€™s 91. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little things like bringing a dog/pet to someone fragile will sure wake up their spirits n smile. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update:

She will be moving tomorrow to my uncles home for the remainder of her life . Sheā€™s on her road to recovery and is improving daily. Sheā€™s 91.

Heart warming... the little things make a big difference

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Little things like bringing a dog/pet to someone fragile will sure wake up their spirits n smile. :)

Yes, ir did :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.