Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pet Insurance. Do the Math!

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    Jax was 4 when he got diagnosed, will be 7 in April. I am part of an IVDD Frenchie group on Facebook so I see A LOT of Frenchies that have IVDD and a lot of them are paralyzed and incontinent. So far Jax has been lucky and still has movement but he could become paralyzed at any time, no way around it. IVDD is a horrible and incurable disease and sadly certain breeds are just prone to it. Because of what I/Jax has gone through and because of how many I see with this disease, I can say that Jax is my first Frenchie and he will be my last. Like you say, Russian Roulette and I am not willing to take the risk again.
    I love the breed. They’re beauties. My breeder has one pup blue fawn with blue eyes. I would take him in a heartbeat. Even though she guarantees them 3 yrs n I’ve seen older ones very healthy too, I just don’t want to go through all their issues if any. I’m not saying they all “will” has issues but most do. She’s a very picky breeder. If one of her dogs has anything even if it’s tear stains in mom n dad, she’ll never will breed them. She will only use clean track dogs. But my gut says no Frenchie. So like you, not going to go that route.

2. Likes Cbrugs liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Jax was 4 when he got diagnosed, will be 7 in April. I am part of an IVDD Frenchie group on Facebook so I see A LOT of Frenchies that have IVDD and a lot of them are paralyzed and incontinent. So far Jax has been lucky and still has movement but he could become paralyzed at any time, no way around it. IVDD is a horrible and incurable disease and sadly certain breeds are just prone to it. Because of what I/Jax has gone through and because of how many I see with this disease, I can say that Jax is my first Frenchie and he will be my last. Like you say, Russian Roulette and I am not willing to take the risk again.
    This makes me incredibly sad... we had planned to get a frenchie before Willow showed up on the scene, and my brother has one.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

4. Likes Cbrugs liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    I love the breed. They’re beauties. My breeder has one pup blue fawn with blue eyes. I would take him in a heartbeat. Even though she guarantees them 3 yrs n I’ve seen older ones very healthy too, I just don’t want to go through all their issues if any. I’m not saying they all “will” has issues but most do. She’s a very picky breeder. If one of her dogs has anything even if it’s tear stains in mom n dad, she’ll never will breed them. She will only use clean track dogs. But my gut says no Frenchie. So like you, not going to go that route.
    Couple weeks ago out of nowhere his whole body was trembling which would indicate pain. I took no chances and he was on crate rest for a week and Gabapentin. Took him for acupuncture last weekend and vet said it was T10-T11 discs. I also rented the laser unit for the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Couple weeks ago out of nowhere his whole body was trembling which would indicate pain. I took no chances and he was on crate rest for a week and Gabapentin. Took him for acupuncture last weekend and vet said it was T10-T11 discs. I also rented the laser unit for the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How's Jax doing now?

8. Likes Cbrugs liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae