Thread: Nutrition

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charlie
    Likes (Received)

Default Nutrition

Hello everyone. My pup is 6 months now. We changed his diet from wet and dry to only dry food. He has been eating blue buffalo blue wilderness Rocky Mountain recipe red meat for puppies. We decided to change him to the wellness core grain free for puppies (in the yellow packaging). We started off by mixing his old dry food and his new dry food because when we changed it he started to get diarrhea. His stool formed over the weeks but now my husband feeds him 10% of the blue buffalo blue wilderness Rocky Mountain recipe red meat for puppies and 90% of the wellness core for puppies. His poop is still not solid and my husband thinks we should change it again. Itís been maybe almost 2 months. Do you think we should go back to blue buffalo blue wilderness Rocky Mountain recipe red meat for puppies? On this page there was ratings for puppy foods and I saw that blue wilderness is 6 star rating and blue buffalo is a 4 star rating. So I think we should go back to that? Please let me know your opinions On these two foods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes BabyDuke liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Nutrition

before changing again...consider backing off on the quantity of food you are feeding by 25% and see what happens. If the little guy is consuming more food than his body can process, then loose stool is apt to happen.
    Soon you can switch to adult food...maybe even now. FWIW, we feed Zignature(switched from Acana strictly for cost savings), but there are other high quality foods available.

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

4. Likes ddnene, Cbrugs, BabyDuke, 2BullyMama liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Take a look at Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor to find food ratings... Blue Buffalo has had recalls in the past.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

6. Likes BabyDuke, Cbrugs, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDavydov View Post
    Hello everyone. My pup is 6 months now. We changed his diet from wet and dry to only dry food. He has been eating blue buffalo blue wilderness Rocky Mountain recipe red meat for puppies. We decided to change him to the wellness core grain free for puppies (in the yellow packaging). We started off by mixing his old dry food and his new dry food because when we changed it he started to get diarrhea. His stool formed over the weeks but now my husband feeds him 10% of the blue buffalo blue wilderness Rocky Mountain recipe red meat for puppies and 90% of the wellness core for puppies. His poop is still not solid and my husband thinks we should change it again. Itís been maybe almost 2 months. Do you think we should go back to blue buffalo blue wilderness Rocky Mountain recipe red meat for puppies? On this page there was ratings for puppy foods and I saw that blue wilderness is 6 star rating and blue buffalo is a 4 star rating. So I think we should go back to that? Please let me know your opinions On these two foods.

Hi there. Our guy is almost 4 and through many trials with food and Oliver developing allergies, he now eats a RAW diet. When he was a pup he had stomach issues from his food. We started him on a probiotic which really helped and for dry food we fed Natures Variety Instinct. the link to the food reviews someone shared is excellent. Also, I always give a big tablespoon of pure pumpkin whenever my dog has loose stools. it helps a lot.
    Good Luck to you and welcome!
    [SIGPIC]

8. Likes Cbrugs, 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDavydov View Post

Great info from the team.... I agree, less amount and a better food would be good for him
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads