Nutrition

CharlieDavydov

Dec 11, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Hello everyone. My pup is 6 months now. We changed his diet from wet and dry to only dry food. He has been eating blue buffalo blue wilderness Rocky Mountain recipe red meat for puppies. We decided to change him to the wellness core grain free for puppies (in the yellow packaging). We started off by mixing his old dry food and his new dry food because when we changed it he started to get diarrhea. His stool formed over the weeks but now my husband feeds him 10% of the blue buffalo blue wilderness Rocky Mountain recipe red meat for puppies and 90% of the wellness core for puppies. His poop is still not solid and my husband thinks we should change it again. It’s been maybe almost 2 months. Do you think we should go back to blue buffalo blue wilderness Rocky Mountain recipe red meat for puppies? On this page there was ratings for puppy foods and I saw that blue wilderness is 6 star rating and blue buffalo is a 4 star rating. So I think we should go back to that? Please let me know your opinions On these two foods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
before changing again...consider backing off on the quantity of food you are feeding by 25% and see what happens. If the little guy is consuming more food than his body can process, then loose stool is apt to happen.
Soon you can switch to adult food...maybe even now. FWIW, we feed Zignature(switched from Acana strictly for cost savings), but there are other high quality foods available.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Hello everyone. My pup is 6 months now. We changed his diet from wet and dry to only dry food. He has been eating blue buffalo blue wilderness Rocky Mountain recipe red meat for puppies. We decided to change him to the wellness core grain free for puppies (in the yellow packaging). We started off by mixing his old dry food and his new dry food because when we changed it he started to get diarrhea. His stool formed over the weeks but now my husband feeds him 10% of the blue buffalo blue wilderness Rocky Mountain recipe red meat for puppies and 90% of the wellness core for puppies. His poop is still not solid and my husband thinks we should change it again. It’s been maybe almost 2 months. Do you think we should go back to blue buffalo blue wilderness Rocky Mountain recipe red meat for puppies? On this page there was ratings for puppy foods and I saw that blue wilderness is 6 star rating and blue buffalo is a 4 star rating. So I think we should go back to that? Please let me know your opinions On these two foods.

Hi there. Our guy is almost 4 and through many trials with food and Oliver developing allergies, he now eats a RAW diet. When he was a pup he had stomach issues from his food. We started him on a probiotic which really helped and for dry food we fed Natures Variety Instinct. the link to the food reviews someone shared is excellent. Also, I always give a big tablespoon of pure pumpkin whenever my dog has loose stools. it helps a lot.
Good Luck to you and welcome!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Great info from the team.... I agree, less amount and a better food would be good for him

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.