Update on Gator's Neutering

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
For those who are interested, he came through with flying colors. Whew! So far so good.

They did give him some extra fluids and he had a little spitting up but they said it was very little. He had some urinary incontinence last night but it was most likely from the anesthesia and it is gone now. He is urinating outside with no problems today. He has not had a real bowel movement but he tried to go and a tiny bit came out. I think it is because he didn't eat yesterday until late last night. I tried to feed him 1/4 of his kibble and ended up having to give him a small piece of ham to get him going. After that piece of ham, he went to town on the kibble but I had to hand feed him. I just needed to get him to eat so I could give him some pain meds. I had to hand feed him this morning as well so he could have the pain meds again but after that, he kept trying to stick his head in Lucy's bowl to eat so I think he is back on track. He was even begging for a new marrow bone. I am having a hard time keeping him from running around and jumping on the furniture. He keeps going upstairs too so I put him in his crate for a while so he would chill out. I don't want him popping out those stitches!

When we left the vet, they put an ecollar on him but I took it off. He can't even reach the incision site to chew on it. The closest he can get is to lick his back leg. lol. Lucy kept on trying to sniff his booty so he would sit on her head to make her stop. She is leaving him alone now thank goodness.

The vet was great. He gave me his cell phone number and called last night and this morning to check on him. I am very happy about that service!

Anyway, after my freak out, I am so glad it is over and he is doing well. He is sleeping on my feet right now :). Thank you to everyone for helping to calm me down! I just needed you guys to do what you did and that was just tell me it would be ok :).

:luv: you guys!

BETTY

L

Lucy-licious

So happy to know both you and Gator are doing great after his op...now for the tough part keeping that little fella calm so he can heal xx :hug2:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad to hear all went well so far. Hopefully he will stay calm until he's healed enough that no stitches pop. He will likely do just fine with that too. But we do tend to be worry warts with our babies after surgery. I think it's because we know they can't tell us if something hurts so we are constantly looking for any signs or symptoms.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yay, I'm glad Gator got through it just fine! Sounds like you have a Vet who really cares about his patients too.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So glad it went well! He should be back to himself probably by tomorrow.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Glad to hear he is doing well! We have to go through all of this, this week! Hope everything goes just as well....

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Thank you guys! Gator is already back to himself. He just wants to play! I am worried he might end up in the crate early tonight and I hate to do that but he keeps jumping around! Caught him on the couch again too. That stinker!

Good news is he had a regular poop! YAY!!!!

I hope everything goes good for Tubs next week. I will be thinking of him!

📰 Latest posts

Members online