My bulldog swallowed a chicken wing

crabcake

Jan 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crabcake
We are about 80% sure Crabcake swallowed a drum bone from A chicken wing last night. Just a really stupid thing I did by putting my plate that was already eaten on the ground, and not seeing him for a few seconds. We were googling to see if we immediately needed to go to the hospital and that seemed unlikely. We were watching him like crazy all night and had him sleep in my bed which he never does. Everything seems normal but I’m wondering what my next steps should be? I emailed my vet who will likely respond in a few hours.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
If he just swallowed it and didn't chew it into splinters, then he's probably going to pass it without issue. If he chewed it up, there could certainly be blockage risk. He needs to be X-ray'd to determine the bone's location and how/if it's moving along. I would move forward with initial X-rays right away.

OP
C

crabcake

Jan 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crabcake
Thank you for your advice, I took him in for an X-ray and vet said he will pass it through with no issues.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for your advice, I took him in for an X-ray and vet said he will pass it through with no issues.

WHEW..... keep us posted

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My dog Bella swallowed a whole baby bird, and she passed it a week later. I just don't want you to panic... these crazy things do happen!!! Just keep an eye out, but it sounds like he will be fine...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
My dog Bella swallowed a whole baby bird, and she passed it a week later. I just don't want you to panic... these crazy things do happen!!! Just keep an eye out, but it sounds like he will be fine...
My Oscar Mayer swallowed a juvenile dove. I saw him with the dove in his mouth...a wing sticking out of each side. I chased him all over the yard and when I finally DOVE, and caught him...GULP. We gave him several hundred CCs of Peroxide and he eventually puked it up. Everything came out except the feathers. He pooped them out over the next few days. That dog was nuts!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My Oscar Mayer swallowed a juvenile dove. I saw him with the dove in his mouth...a wing sticking out of each side. I chased him all over the yard and when I finally DOVE, and caught him...GULP. We gave him several hundred CCs of Peroxide and he eventually puked it up. Everything came out except the feathers. He pooped them out over the next few days. That dog was nuts!

I was chasing down Bella, and instead of DROP IT she ATE IT!!! That dog about gave me a heart attack... Lol

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
One of the grossest things I have ever seen happened with Chumly. He would not come in one night so my husband goes out into the garden, torch in hand and finds Chumly in the bushes with the rear portion of a rat hanging out of his mouth, legs and tail. I hear all this shouting so rushed out to see what was going on. Chumly would not give it up no matter how much we chased him. Our big fear was that the rat had been poisoned. We eventually gave up and he came back after a few minutes. We kept a close eye on him and he had no ill effects. We didn't like to think of what happened in the interim! Yuck.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
One of the grossest things I have ever seen happened with Chumly. He would not come in one night so my husband goes out into the garden, torch in hand and finds Chumly in the bushes with the rear portion of a rat hanging out of his mouth, legs and tail. I hear all this shouting so rushed out to see what was going on. Chumly would not give it up no matter how much we chased him. Our big fear was that the rat had been poisoned. We eventually gave up and he came back after a few minutes. We kept a close eye on him and he had no ill effects. We didn't like to think of what happened in the interim! Yuck.

O M G. O M G

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Omg reading all these stories is horrifying! Dove? Rat? Bird?? [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]
Soooo grossed out! Haha...

I sure hope crab cake passed that drum with no issues!! [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.