Not Really Bulldog related but I figured I’d reach more dog lovers here...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Do whatever you have to...to see Togo. That is all.

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I saw it- very good movie. One of the few dog movies that isn't an overly sweet movie made for children. I must admit that I don't particularly like Huskies in real life- there's a couple in my neighbourhood that lunge at my dog when I'm out for a walk, and one of them even pulled so hard on its leash that it almost got away and mauled a worker I had working outside my house.

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
I’m watching it now. Found it on the Disney + app last night and started it. Finishing it here in just a bit.. (as soon as Cinder has had enough play time) Gripping and based on a true story. Don’t tell me how it ends!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It's on my list... but Thanks for the review!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I will have to look into it.... don't pay much mind to movies so I never heard of it

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I raised Siberian Huskies many years ago, when there weren't many "down south" They were very sweet dogs-but would run away, if had the chance. When it snowed(not Tn.) we would hook up a sled,and they would pull the children. The dogs and the children loved it. Perhaps,like many other breeds people have not been selective in who they breed, if they are mean(as [MENTION=12725]Dolly[/MENTION]'s Owner) has suggested. I usually don't watch animal movies, as they make me cry-and I hate that!!

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
I raised Siberian Huskies many years ago, when there weren't many "down south" They were very sweet dogs-but would run away, if had the chance. When it snowed(not Tn.) we would hook up a sled,and they would pull the children. The dogs and the children loved it. Perhaps,like many other breeds people have not been selective in who they breed, if they are mean(as [MENTION=12725]Dolly[/MENTION]'s Owner) has suggested. I usually don't watch animal movies, as they make me cry-and I hate that!!

It did make me cry but it had a good ending... realistically good anyway...

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

Probably a lot of bad breeders around here, agreed. Statistics wise, Huskies are at number six dog breed in terms of fatalities to humans from 2005-2017, responsible for 13 fatalities. This accounts for just 3% of the total fatalities, so it's not very common. I also have little Shih Tzus and other small dogs occasionally try to lunge at my bulldog, but I don't pay that much notice to that since they're so little.

The movie isn't a sad movie, so you should see it if you can. Togo in real life was a 3/4 Siberian Husky 1/4 Alaskan Malamute, and he popularized the Siberian husky in USA, since before that the Alaskan Husky was the prominent dog.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
The movie was filmed in Kananaskis, Alberta , not in Alaska !!

Well it feels like Alaska this week with damm -38 for another good weekish coming up!! I have to put socks on the pups to go do their business. :(

Kananaskis is basically part of the Rockies. We drive along there to get to Banff. Beautiful area. That’s where Leonardo DiCaprio filmed the movie The Revenant. Mind you, lots of movies are filmed there. Very wild n untouched Kananaskis area. :)

Mmaker

Feb 21, 2016
New Mexico
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elsie
There are a lot of movies staged in Alaska filmed in Canada.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.