Any pet friendly hotel/restaurant/place you want to mention......

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I am sure there are tons of other people on here that like to travel with their pets as much as I do. I find it difficult to find hotels/motels that allow dogs of Sam's size (55 lbs), seems like a good percent have a 25 lb weight limit. I also find it difficult to find a place that doesn't charge a huge fee and sometimes they just allow one dog per room and I have 2 dogs. Oh and so often you can't leave them alone in the room. If I want to go out to eat I should be able to leave my dogs in there kennels in the room, they can't destroy anything in the room if they are in their kennels. Samson can't sit in the car in the summer while I'm in a restaurant to wait for me to finish, he needs to be in a room with AC. Motel 6 allows dogs of all sizes, no fee but techincally you are only allowed to have one dog per room and last time we traveled and stayed with our dogs at a Motel 6 they came home covered in fleas. It had to be a bad infestation at that motel because my dogs are on sentinel and advantage and still got fleas. Thank goodness a bath and a new application of advantage got rid of them right away. Well I know there are users on here from all over and I thought it would be nice if we could share places that are dog friendly that we would like to recommend. I may live in CA but I go everywhere with my dogs and I would love to hear about nice places to stay with them no matter where it is. My one place to recommend is Hotel Maya in Long Beach California. I LOVE Long Beach and I love this hotel. It is on the water in Long Beach Bay next to the Queen Mary. There is tons to do in Long Beach and everything is easy to get to and close to Hotel Maya. If you opt for a ocean view room you won't be sorry. In general it's a just a very nice hotel, 4 star, I guess in the last couple years they did a huge renovation. No pet fee, dogs of all sizes are ok, if you want to leave them in your room while you go out to eat or whatever they ask that you just leave your cell phone number so they can call you if they start barking or whatever, lots of grassy places to walk them, tell them you have a dog ahead of time and they'll put you downstairs and leave you doggy gifts. While I was there the doggy gifts included 4-5 those fancy fresh baked dog treats from a local doggy bakery, coupons for that store, potty bags, high quality dog shampoo samples, a little greeting card and I think thats it. I love this place. During summertime it is more pricey, like $200 a night but during the fall/winter/spring its closer to $150 a night. I think thats a good deal for a four star hotel that allows me to bring both of my dogs with no fee. So if you are ever traveling to the Los Angeles area with your dog(s) or even without them keep Hotel Maya in Long Beach in mind. Long Beach is nice place to stay if you are planning on visiting the LA area.

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
We have done most of our travels in our RV because of this very issue. Although most RV parks have a weight limit of 30lbs- they are oblivious to bulldogs actual weight. They see a small to medium size dog and never even question us about it. They are looking for height more than actual weight. Hehe if they only knew....

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I wish we had an RV or a travel trailer! I love to tent camp but normally we go camping in the summer and then its too hot for Sam to go!

NASTYNATI

May 26, 2010
Tallahassee, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Wimbley
If you are ever near St George Island, Florida Harry A's is a restaurant that will allow your dog to come inside and eat with you. The staff is very friendly and they always welcome dogs! (they have a resident boxer :) ) They give each dog a Harry A's bandana, pink camo for the ladies and blue for fellas. The town of Apalachicola is just around the corner from SGI and is nearly 100% dog friendly. The beaches are dog friendly as well.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
We dont travel much since having the "kids" but when hubby went thru his schooling for work they put him up in the residence inn (with kitchenette for long stay) and I do know back then they allowed dogs. This was before we had ours tho so I am not sure on any of the rules on size or restrictions or if anything has changed over the years. Now a days when we go anywhere we have friends house sit for us so taking the boys with wouldnt be an issue mostly.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.