Dressing your bully

LolaLove

Jan 11, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Hi! Recently, I thought it'd be fun to dress Lola up! She doesn't seem to mind it, in fact, I think she really likes it. My only concern is that she'll get too hot in her clothes? I have a tank top type shirt for her and want to walk her in it but don't want her to over heat! (You know how fast that happens! :D) Am I just over analyzing it too much or is my concern a legit one?

L

Lucy-licious

I suppose I would be thinking that if the weather was nice enough for me to want to take layers off... then it's too hot for bulldogs to wear clothes x

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I only dress them in the winter but I do live in AZ.... If I lived up north I would probably dress them all year long!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Well it's definitely too hot this weekend for it. It's going to be in the mid to high 80's where we are (I live real close to Rancho C) and I definitely wouldn't walk Samson at all when it was that hot unless it's just for a quick potty break. Just use your judgement, I think even in the 70's it's a bit hot for her to be walking around outside with a shirt on.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH has some T shirts and I'm planning to make her some sun dresses. I'm even thinking that if it's hot this summer she might have herself her own private Wet T Shirt days.
While she won't be outside a lot in the heat, A wet shirt should serve to cool her off the same way we can cool off by putting a wet cloth tied around our neck. :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yeah being near you also, I wouldnt walk her in the t-shirt either. I know my boy loves to play but I have to stop running him around early when it is going to be warm out.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.