Ollie is Stinky

starjess81

Apr 12, 2011
Herndon, Ky
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I got Ollie on monday and gave him a bath and by yesterday he was smelly again! Any suggestions? I don't want to over bathe him...:crazy:

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Could have allergies. Depends on the food you are feeding him, if he has never had a problem with the food before then it could be the time of year. Yeast is a problem too. Is it his whole body or just face/paws? You will get plenty of advice on this, I think we have some stinky bullies that pop up time to time, lol.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
My non bully dog Dena ..has this problem! She is part sharpie and has a puppy like puffy face. We would bathe her and the next day she smelled like dirty socks. Took her to groomers and finally figured out her lips stink! She has that jowly look and can store stuff in her mouth..like a bully..maybe make sure his mouth is all nice and clean too? Sorry..I don't have this issue with Jake..but I also want to tell you..I really like his name..Ollie!!

Sharpei ..not sharpie...

OP
S

starjess81

Apr 12, 2011
Herndon, Ky
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Ok I will have to check on that...he kinda smells like he has just BO just when you sweat a lot....

kajaffe

Mar 15, 2010
There are many things it could be...for example, the folds on The General's face sometimes smell like vinegar and that is the only thing you smell....or he could need his anal glands expressed or it could be his breath. If you look at the top of his gum line, sometimes hair and smutz collects there; similar to when you lift a baby's neck and wonder what the hell that stuff is in the crease. That has it's own funk.
Hope that helps.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Whenever someone has a stinky bully I always refer them to @KMARINO . (Sorry Kelly! :whistle:)

Her Vegas went through the same thing and made her house smell horribly for the longest time. She bathed him regularly and cleaned his face daily, sometimes even more than once. Then she finally figured out it was the food she was feeding him. After that, he smells heavenly fresh all the time. Well, most of the time.

May I ask what food you are feeding Ollie? Maybe someone here can give you insight on the food you're currently giving.

crystalmcr

Nov 8, 2010
Minnesota
Bulldog(s) Names
Frany Stein and Boris Karloff
I had an issue sort of like that. For me, it wasn't his food he just had "his own personal arroma". I would bathe him he would be ok for a day and start to smell again. When I took him to the groomer, he stayed "nice" for much longer. I asked them what their secret was........ after his bath, they used a "de-skunk" rinse. By gosh, it worked!

mamamia

Apr 5, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Snooki (EB) and Big Mac (OEB)
Our Westy started to stink. If he would be around you would kind of not want to hug or cuddle with him... it was awful.
The vet told me that he had "black skin decease" and indeed his skin was dark (although his fur is white), however I thought he always had that... So the vet gave me all kinds of stuff, the most important thing was a medicated shampoo. It worked a bit..
However once I changed his food to a 4 star food.... AMAZING! He doesn't stink anymore. I do have to give him a bath every two weeks, I still use the shampoo since I do think it helps him some. I had never thought that the right food makes such a big difference.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
When we got HRH she was eating Bil Jac and she would get stinky within a couple days of her bath. We've switched her to Fromm Beef Frittata so she's eating grain free and chicken free and she doesn't get stinky anymore either. She also doesn't get the goopy eyes every morning that she used to have.

I never realised how important the right food was for bullies until we actually saw the amazing improvements.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.