Puppy choked on hanger

CharlieDavydov

Dec 11, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Hi everyone. Iā€™m as putting away laundry when my puppy decided to get a hold of a hanger and the hook side got stuck in his throat. He started throwing up everywhere and I tried to help him get it out but it wasnā€™t coming out until I tried the other way and it came out. He seems ok walking around and stuff but Iā€™m so scared I hurt him. I have to leave for an event and Iā€™m going to lock him in his crate but Iā€™m so nervous. Is there any signs if I should be worried?? He seems to not have a problem when drinking or eating. Iā€™m scared I hurt his throat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Personally, I would not leave him alone. I just would not go to the event, no matter what it was. I want to stay home and observe him, to make sure he is okay. If you are going, at least check his throat for any blood, or holes,or redness.Better cross your fingers and pray while you are gone,too.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Wait, didnā€™t your pup recently swallow part of a toy or something? I believe that situation turned out ok. Iā€™d be afraid to leave ! Exactly what [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] said, you need to stay home and keep an eye on him

OP
C

CharlieDavydov

Dec 11, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Yes I was steaming a shirt and he pulled on it and attacked the hanger right away. I couldnā€™t bend down fast enough. Luckily he is not bleeding and he is drinking and eating normally. Obviously Iā€™m going to keep an eye out for him tonight. Heā€™s a very curious puppy thatā€™s bored because heā€™s stuck at home because he hates going outside in the cold and absolutely will not walk with a harness or leash.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes I was steaming a shirt and he pulled on it and attacked the hanger right away. I couldnā€™t bend down fast enough. Luckily he is not bleeding and he is drinking and eating normally. Obviously Iā€™m going to keep an eye out for him tonight. Heā€™s a very curious puppy thatā€™s bored because heā€™s stuck at home because he hates going outside in the cold and absolutely will not walk with a harness or leash.

Ah yes... like mentioned in another thread, teach your puppy to walk on a leash inside the house. Let him drag it, pick it up n have treats in your hands. Walk 3ā€™, praise, walk 5ā€™ praise n so on.... If he hates going outside cause itā€™s cold n wants to come in, itā€™s because youā€™re allowing it. Iā€™m in Canada, our winters are damm cold here. But even if itā€™s -22 like itā€™s been all of last week, I will play with them outside only 5 mins. Blood will circulate to keep them warm enough at last 5mins outside. Definitely the need to move or theyā€™ll freeze. When itā€™s -40 they are only to do their business. No playing. Yours is a curious little guy, go out there with his favorite toy. Let him get use to the cold n snow.. But yes, you guys need to be out there too. :)

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

Thank goodness heā€™s not bleeding and great eating and drinking normally. [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] has given great advice. Puppies need a TON of attention and stimulation. Is it possible to fit into the daily schedule 20 minutes or so, a few times per day for play time?

Letā€™s see some new photos of Charlie, love to see the pups growing up. Again, glad heā€™s doing good!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Puppies are curious and FAST.... try to schedule play time or walks to get energy out of him and maybe sign up for trading/socialization classes too. How is he doing today?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.