Will this ever end???

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
I remember reading a while back about lots of members bullies shedding pretty bad. Chaos was and seems to be getting worse. I swept the room where his kennel is and it was a huge pile of dog hair. Also when I give him baths, a huge pile is left at the drain once the water drains and after drying him I am covered too. He has no bald spots or anything, actually looks like he still has a normal healthy coat, just horrible shedding.....:bang: Anyone else's furkid still shedding? It could and probably is seasonal shedding, but I have never had a severe shedder like this :confused::eek::crazy:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Mine are shedding terribly. It's driving me nuts

L

Lucy-licious

the knack is, I have found, wearing the same colour clothes as your dog :lol:
so today I shall mostly be wearing white :lol:

sorry totally unhelpful I know! Lucy is sheading too and its getting a bit much!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wilson is shedding like crazy. I see little tumble weeds of hair blowing across my kitchen linoleum. Got a swiffer sweeper just for that reason. BabyGirl isn't shedding any more than usual though. She's had a bare spot on her side for several months but otherwise no problems elsewhere. All the dogs have red and itchy eyes so it has got to a seasonal thing.

Poor Wilson has been chewing his feet like crazy despite my best efforts to wash and spray his paws several times as well as allergy meds. Took him to the vet to get an allergy shot, more malaket shampoo, Atarax and cyclosporin eye drops. The vet says they are not dispensing cyclosporin anymore. Was vague about why. Choices were to buy a very expensive alternative or just buy some "artificial tears" you get for people. Well that was two days ago and now he has stopped chewing his feet so I'm getting a little break from worrying. Artifical tears seem to be helping and he doesn't seem to mind them as much as the cyclosporin and/or eye ointments. Artificial tears only about $6 at my local market. Should get my first bag of NVI tomorrow from petflow so I'm hoping to switch his food from Royal Canin/Wellness Core mix (he loves the big chunks of the Royal Canin). BabyGirl likes the Wellness Core. Don't know if it would help but I wish I could concrete my whole back yard just to eliminate plant material. I know not practical... houses here are close together and pollens travel plus where would they poop?
a7d11098.png

L

Lucy-licious

aww bless poor wilson :hug: sounds like he's having a bad time!
I'm not surprised that the artificial tears are better tollerated. I get hayfever real bad and those eyedrops sting like hell, so I tend to use saline drops regularly instead until it gets real bad.
its no fun for me at this time of year but at least I can moan and express my discomfort. I really feel for all our babies who have seasonal allergies. :hug2: to all of them.

LolaLove

Jan 11, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I totally relate! It drives me crazy! :crazy: I totally understand your frustration. Lola's shedding has been getting better but there was awhile there that she was shedding so bad I thought she'd wake up bald. :lol: Hang in there..it's seasonal.

📰 Latest posts

Members online