United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Not sure why...

Roman...

1C4D3D4C-D06B-4471-A83D-7ADFA82843A7.jpeg

932C7A96-7958-4A55-B829-995F93E6542D.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Handsome fella..... Cheli does this a lot, not sure if Lambeau does, Iā€™ll have to pay attention

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Very handsome dog! He must have very flexible hips to sit like that in the first shot.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Willow is constantly laid out flat like road kill... LMAO!!!

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
All of our dogs and rescues have only sat like pic#2. Roman sits like pic #1 most of the time...very strange to me. Sandy thinks heā€™s got wonky hips but I think itā€™s just his stubby legs. I donā€™t know.
Heā€™ll be with us long enough for temperament evaluation. He is in great health other than being a little heavy. Not a whole lot of personality going on but heā€™s only been here a matter of hours.
Heā€™ll probably be around 1-2 months.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
This is sign of hyper flexible hips and not normal. Lying like this is ok for EB, but sitting is too much. Might be advanced stage of hip displasia.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is sign of hyper flexible hips and not normal. Lying like this is ok for EB, but sitting is too much. Might be advanced stage of hip displasia.

Uh oh.. Cheli sits like this a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChaosAndMayhem

Nov 30, 2019
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Any bully weā€™ve had lays like pic #1. Sitting like that though makes me wonder about hip dysplasia. Maybe just show the picture to the vet when youā€™re in next. Ours have seldom sat like normal dogs tho. Most common is the lazy sit with their legs out in front. Lol. This breed is truly ridiculous.

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
He's going to see our Vet for a complete work up and his "wonky hips" will be evaluated.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
He's going to see our Vet for a complete work up and his "wonky hips" will be evaluated.

Anything happen with this? Sometimes Ella sits with her back legs out like that or sometimes just one leg behind her like that.

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
This boy was returned to the ā€œBCAā€ Breeder that had placed him with the owner that we got him from. When the breeder found out he had turned him over to us she contacted us right away. We work will all BCA Breeders regarding their dogs and respective contractual obligations.
When we asked her about the unusual way he sat she stated that all of her dogs could/would do it and that all of her dogs hips were certified. So his hips are special because of his ability to sit like this. I have no reason to doubt what she said, however, I admit that I was surprised by her answer.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
This boy was returned to the ā€œBCAā€ Breeder that had placed him with the owner that we got him from. When the breeder found out he had turned him over to us she contacted us right away. We work will all BCA Breeders regarding their dogs and respective contractual obligations.
When we asked her about the unusual way he sat she stated that all of her dogs could/would do it and that all of her dogs hips were certified. So his hips are special because of his ability to sit like this. I have no reason to doubt what she said, however, I admit that I was surprised by her answer.

Iā€™m glad to hear the breeder wanted him back. Iā€™m also relieved at her response to the way he was sitting. As soon as I saw Ella sit like that, I thought oh no and remembered your post. I guess only time will tell.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Iā€™m glad to hear the breeder wanted him back. Iā€™m also relieved at her response to the way he was sitting. As soon as I saw Ella sit like that, I thought oh no and remembered your post. I guess only time will tell. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I mentioned, Jake sometimes sits like that 2nd photo if heā€™s waiting for something.... like FOOD!! While he had his vasectomy they checked him out and all was perfect. Iā€™m sure even in the EB you will have the exceptions.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Like I mentioned, Jake sometimes sits like that 2nd photo if heā€™s waiting for something.... like FOOD!! While he had his vasectomy they checked him out and all was perfect. Iā€™m sure even in the EB you will have the exceptions.

This definitely puts my mind at ease. Like you say, thereā€™s always an exception but Iā€™m not going to fret over it right now.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.