JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
THANKS so much for the info! Now if I can just convince hubby to put him in his crate. He thinks its MEAN, lol... We do however keep him confined to "his" room when unsupervized ;0)
Up until a year ago I too didn't like the idea of crate training. But it was necessary with Wilson and you know, he loves it. It's his own little piece of heaven.

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
As was mentioned, crate training is a personal preference. I do not find it cruel at all. When done correctly it is so beneficial for the dog.
Bruno loves his crate. He looks for it when he just wants to nap, have some alone time and is ready for bed. The key to it, is to have the puppy enjoy his crate time. It should never be used as punishment or for long hours during the day.
Bruno is never in his crate for longer than 5 hours during the day if no one is home. If we need to be gone all day for whatever reason I personally leave him in my screened/fenced in porch with plenty of water food and toys :)

OP
B

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
:confused: Ok, so I have been putting Memphis in his crate n more times than not he pees all over hisself :eek: which requires a bath n i take him out every two hrs. since i saty home. Soooo could it be because hes only 12 weeks? Just dont like bathing him so much for fear of him develping dry skin... HELP

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online