Bulldog size and shape?

BethD

Oct 18, 2016
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosco
I donā€™t seem to have any good pictures of Rosco sitting or standing but heā€™s very tall with a huge head and a slender body! He was right at 50lbs a couple weeks ago and he is 3.

2a6c76b9caab15579fe3ae9ef8b54d98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Well I was right she has gotten wider...
Since her last visit when she was fixed she has gained weight, she is 59 lbs now. (She was 55 lbs back in April)
No wonder I have a hard time picking her up now.... she does not look fat at all but definitely wider.
.....She says not me!!!
f444833c56426e5e3859c8cfaf67cd60.plist
aa7888fcd6dcc5038a6c6233c7009780.plist

2bullies

May 14, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bunny
Bunny is 4 yr and 65 lbs. She's got some extra chubs on her but eats the same amount each meal as our Frenchie that weighs 30 lbs.
4c6f712fa2edabbff4f1c50a8b1db9b0.jpg
393988a35368241a789988ab4511b8b3.jpg
3b3ea5026fc89d974857a56398ca90f9.jpg
bc032abcb9470d90ac6e04435fbdedd8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

revill

Aug 9, 2019
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Buell
say hi to Buell, 11mouths last weighed 47lbsdog4.jpg

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Curly is 70lb, 6 years old and all love. He has always towered other bulldogs since he was a pup. He will be in remission for 4 months on Monday for those who are wondering.
ca2dcad94cdc815af61e6acf467e87d8.jpg
8020fb244b2a7b32a50e6c65f5d2dddd.jpg
bd804165f1bb1112a6a9f0a5d3df1856.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

BabyFarrahsmommy

Sep 28, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farrah
I jumped on to ask a question about size/weight and I must admit I feel better now. Farrah is 19 weeks old yesterday and just weighed in at 35lbs. She has had a huge growth spurt over the last 2 weeks. I swear she doubled in size! My nephew told me his female weighed 85 pounds and he's convinced she couldn't have been a pure EBD. So I've been very concerned about how huge she could get, especially if she keeps up the biting. She can still get pretty nasty with me and honestly I'm scared sometimes. She lunges at me with her mouth wide open, teeth gnashing. And 35lbs of biting bully is scary enough. Nothing I've tried works, I've taken all suggestions from people here, just haven't found the right formula I guess? I've been really sick so we missed the last puppy classes, but she starts next week. Fingers crossed.

BabyFarrahsmommy

Sep 28, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farrah
Happy to know Curleys doing well, I've been on that journey and it's not easy. Congrats on his remission!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I jumped on to ask a question about size/weight and I must admit I feel better now. Farrah is 19 weeks old yesterday and just weighed in at 35lbs. She has had a huge growth spurt over the last 2 weeks. I swear she doubled in size! My nephew told me his female weighed 85 pounds and he's convinced she couldn't have been a pure EBD. So I've been very concerned about how huge she could get, especially if she keeps up the biting. She can still get pretty nasty with me and honestly I'm scared sometimes. She lunges at me with her mouth wide open, teeth gnashing. And 35lbs of biting bully is scary enough. Nothing I've tried works, I've taken all suggestions from people here, just haven't found the right formula I guess? I've been really sick so we missed the last puppy classes, but she starts next week. Fingers crossed.

I hope you can get Farrah to stop biting - what you write does not sound good. I know pups can be a handful, but a five-month-old (and that big!) should not lunge at you. Hope you can have a trainer evaluate her. Best of luck!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

She is pushing the envelope... training will be key for her! Good luck

BabyFarrahsmommy

Sep 28, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farrah
I hope you can get Farrah to stop biting - what you write does not sound good. I know pups can be a handful, but a five-month-old (and that big!) should not lunge at you. Hope you can have a trainer evaluate her. Best of luck!

I know, I'm very concerned. She is my first bully. I have family telling me to get rid of her. I will never do that. I don't believe in throwing out a baby. I promised to take care of her forever. But truth is, I saw this in her at 9 weeks. I saw it at the breeder before my husband picked her. I'm not resentful, but I wanted the little sweet male. She only does this to me. She loves people, other dogs, everyone. I've watched her play hard with other dogs of all sizes and she submits every time. Never seen her "play" with dogs like she does with me, so itself hard to believe she's just playing. She gets worse when she's tired. I expected a docile, lazy, sweet bulldog. I got a high energy, sometimes sweet but never docile one. I think I will take your advice and get her evaluated by a professional. Thank you so much.

OP
Jimbo K

Jimbo K

Feb 13, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Yep, training is the key! Iā€™ve had dogs almost my entire adult life and I have never experienced anything like raising a bulldog puppy. I look back on it and sometimes I canā€™t believe how upset I got with her. Bella pushed the envelope with me so many times Iā€™d have to leave the room because I was loosing my patience. Even to this day after two years she still plays rougher with me than anyone else but we have gotten to the point where when I tell her enough, itā€™s over. You are not alone and Iā€™ve felt your frustration.

Weā€™ve been to three or four sessions of different obedience classes, the most recent one was the AKC good citizen class. Well, we almost passed! Bella now is well behaved, walks great on a leash and has turned into my favorite dog that I have ever lived with. I sincerely hope it works out for you.

OP
Jimbo K

Jimbo K

Feb 13, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bell found a boyfriend! Hereā€™s my point on the difference in size, this young man is about a year and a half old. 55B165C5-D2E9-461C-BFC0-C16E14AD254E.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bell found a boyfriend! Hereā€™s my point on the difference in size, this young man is about a year and a half old. View attachment 118098

yes, there are a few her with smaller bullies, [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION], his Harlie is like 40 pounds, [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] , her Willow is int he 40 rang. As is [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] Orion. There are others, it I canā€™t remember all of them. My girl, Banks was 62, long legs and big barrel chest, it my two boys are short stocky and 56-58 lbs.

OP
Jimbo K

Jimbo K

Feb 13, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
He was a monster! And I loved him!!999C1D1C-8B79-4BBD-8BDE-323C5FE7C052.jpeg

Staff online

Members online