Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

I am trying to find a comfy bed for Bruce that he cant rip to bits and eat the stuffing or form.

He is on bed number 3 which is now plastic, but I came home this afternoon to the mattress bit from his old bed in bits all over the floor.

I am worried as he eats everything and has been poorly because of it recently.

Does anyone have any ideas of the sort of bed or mattress for the plastic bed I have?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We use coolaroo cots or old bed pillows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Amy89

Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
We use coolaroo cots or old bed pillows

Thank you for this. The old bed pillows are no good tried that, he ripped it open and pulled out all the stuffing.
Just looked at the coolaroo cot this would be no good to him as he likes to be curled up really small and have his back against something.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for this. The old bed pillows are no good tried that, he ripped it open and pulled out all the stuffing.
Just looked at the coolaroo cot this would be no good to him as he likes to be curled up really small and have his back against something.

Some just can’t have a bed..... have you tried just an old blanket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Mine go thru fazes... they are finally old enough now NOT to destroy their beds immediately. I go to TJMAXX and buy cheaper beds so it doesn't get so expensive...

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
He may not be able to have a bed until he’s older. Louie used to get nothing in his crate because he would eat it and now he gets a blanket.

OP
Amy89

Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
I am thinking a blanket might be the way forward till hopefully he grows out of this phase

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I am thinking a blanket might be the way forward till hopefully he grows out of this phase

Just an FYI, I had stopped giving Louie crate pads in his crate because he tore them up so I gave him a blanket instead. Come to find out, he literally was eating the blanket. He had eaten a corner of it. So then for awhile he got nothing. Maybe a couple of months ago, he started getting a blanket again.

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
I bought a chunk of foam from Joanns and put a cover on it and a couple do cheep fleece blankets for him to scratch at and curl up in. So far it’s worked well and he doesn’t tear it up. We also use a spray bottle and spray him if he try’s to chew on stuff he shouldn’t and that works pretty well do the bed too

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I've also read that buying a painters drop cloth and sewing it using dental floss to enclose either blankets, pillows,or towels inside works well too.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.