Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Default Weigh In

As most knows Nyala moves a lot. She moved more with Duke n much less with Jake. So she weighs 55lbs. She is a lot taller though as she’s a Bantam Bulldogge. Longer legs n smaller head. Yes she’s like ET. She does eat less than Jake cause I want her to lose a few more pounds. Jake weighs 61 lbs. Gained 6lbs in 4 months. Hmmmm..... He still has a nice inner waist n perfect shape but he’ll also go on a diet. Since he doesn’t move like his brother, he’ll have to be monitored. This -22 temperatures sure doesn’t help keeping these 2 active. But heh, both healthy. Fine with me.

2. Likes Annie1991, 1Chumly, Cbrugs, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Weigh In

I need to bring Louie in to get his current weight so I can figure out how much raw he will need when I do the full switch. He has longer legs too and will never be broad chested like other EB's. And because he moves so much, he probably eats more than other EB's as well. He's definitely not overweight, still has a waist but 100% raw will definitely tone him up.

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    I need to bring Louie in to get his current weight so I can figure out how much raw he will need when I do the full switch. He has longer legs too and will never be broad chested like other EB's. And because he moves so much, he probably eats more than other EB's as well. He's definitely not overweight, still has a waist but 100% raw will definitely tone him up.
    Well his brother was eating a pound a day n you saw how fit he was. Like Louie he moved a lot. Start with 1lb as if I’m not mistaken Louie is 60lbs? That’s 1.5lb a day. But keep him on 1lb as you also give him healthy treats and snacks like I do.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Well his brother was eating a pound a day n you saw how fit he was. Like Louie he moved a lot. Start with 1lb as if I’m not mistaken Louie is 60lbs? That’s 1.5lb a day. But keep him on 1lb as you also give him healthy treats and snacks like I do.
    Last time he was weighed which was quite a bit ago he was 62 pounds. He might be 65 pounds by now but not overweight at all. He looks good right now but the raw will definitely tone him up. I honestly don't think 1 pound will be enough for him so I might start off with 1.3 pounds. As you know, it's all a science project to find out the amount. Right now he gets about 1.5 cups of kibble in the am and then about 9.6 - 9.7 oz of raw in the pm. For awhile he was getting 2 cups of kibble in the am to keep the weight on. I might have take out a loan to feed him

Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

-22? WTH!? Why would anyone willingly put themselves through that? Now I remember why I would not ever want to go to CN in Fall, Winter, or Spring.

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

7. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    Last time he was weighed which was quite a bit ago he was 62 pounds. He might be 65 pounds by now but not overweight at all. He looks good right now but the raw will definitely tone him up. I honestly don't think 1 pound will be enough for him so I might start off with 1.3 pounds. As you know, it's all a science project to find out the amount. Right now he gets about 1.5 cups of kibble in the am and then about 9.6 - 9.7 oz of raw in the pm. For awhile he was getting 2 cups of kibble in the am to keep the weight on. I might have take out a loan to feed him
    Problem is kibbles is so filling. I said one pound as you also do need to add other treats/snacks throughout the day. I rather go smaller n build up than go too high n put them a strict diet. Both don’t really need to lose anything. It’s I that wants them a few pounds under. Winter here can get harsh why they won’t move as much.

9. Likes Cbrugs liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    -22? WTH!? Why would anyone willingly put themselves through that? Now I remember why I would not ever want to go to CN in Fall, Winter, or Spring.
    It’s not all of Canada these extreme weather. Alberta is a bit particular as we have the Rockies. You get these chinook winds n all that rolls over the mountains, melts everything the next day snow storm etc. Been -22 for past 3 days n tomorrow +5. Usually-22 n up is in January n February. Fall is beautiful in Canada. Summer is too hot. Spring...eeeee if we get one. Lol Butlike I said, it’s mostly Alberta that you never know what you’ll get. It’s a surprise!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Banks was a big girl.. longer legs and body. She was a healthy 62 lbs, with a good waistline it was the lowest we could get her. Both boys stayed / stay between 56-58 with good waistline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

12. Likes Cbrugs liked this post

Remove Ads