Weigh In

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
As most knows Nyala moves a lot. She moved more with Duke n much less with Jake. So she weighs 55lbs. She is a lot taller though as sheā€™s a Bantam Bulldogge. Longer legs n smaller head. Yes sheā€™s like ET. She does eat less than Jake cause I want her to lose a few more pounds. Jake weighs 61 lbs. Gained 6lbs in 4 months. Hmmmm..... He still has a nice inner waist n perfect shape but heā€™ll also go on a diet. Since he doesnā€™t move like his brother, heā€™ll have to be monitored. This -22 temperatures sure doesnā€™t help keeping these 2 active. But heh, both healthy. Fine with me. :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I need to bring Louie in to get his current weight so I can figure out how much raw he will need when I do the full switch. He has longer legs too and will never be broad chested like other EB's. And because he moves so much, he probably eats more than other EB's as well. He's definitely not overweight, still has a waist but 100% raw will definitely tone him up.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I need to bring Louie in to get his current weight so I can figure out how much raw he will need when I do the full switch. He has longer legs too and will never be broad chested like other EB's. And because he moves so much, he probably eats more than other EB's as well. He's definitely not overweight, still has a waist but 100% raw will definitely tone him up.

Well his brother :) was eating a pound a day n you saw how fit he was. Like Louie he moved a lot. Start with 1lb as if Iā€™m not mistaken Louie is 60lbs? Thatā€™s 1.5lb a day. But keep him on 1lb as you also give him healthy treats and snacks like I do.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Well his brother :) was eating a pound a day n you saw how fit he was. Like Louie he moved a lot. Start with 1lb as if Iā€™m not mistaken Louie is 60lbs? Thatā€™s 1.5lb a day. But keep him on 1lb as you also give him healthy treats and snacks like I do.

Last time he was weighed which was quite a bit ago he was 62 pounds. He might be 65 pounds by now but not overweight at all. He looks good right now but the raw will definitely tone him up. I honestly don't think 1 pound will be enough for him so I might start off with 1.3 pounds. As you know, it's all a science project to find out the amount. Right now he gets about 1.5 cups of kibble in the am and then about 9.6 - 9.7 oz of raw in the pm. For awhile he was getting 2 cups of kibble in the am to keep the weight on. I might have take out a loan to feed him :lol:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
-22? WTH!? Why would anyone willingly put themselves through that? Now I remember why I would not ever want to go to CN in Fall, Winter, or Spring.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Last time he was weighed which was quite a bit ago he was 62 pounds. He might be 65 pounds by now but not overweight at all. He looks good right now but the raw will definitely tone him up. I honestly don't think 1 pound will be enough for him so I might start off with 1.3 pounds. As you know, it's all a science project to find out the amount. Right now he gets about 1.5 cups of kibble in the am and then about 9.6 - 9.7 oz of raw in the pm. For awhile he was getting 2 cups of kibble in the am to keep the weight on. I might have take out a loan to feed him :lol:

Problem is kibbles is so filling. I said one pound as you also do need to add other treats/snacks throughout the day. I rather go smaller n build up than go too high n put them a strict diet. Both donā€™t really need to lose anything. Itā€™s I that wants them a few pounds under. Winter here can get harsh why they wonā€™t move as much. :)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
-22? WTH!? Why would anyone willingly put themselves through that? Now I remember why I would not ever want to go to CN in Fall, Winter, or Spring.

Itā€™s not all of Canada these extreme weather. Alberta is a bit particular as we have the Rockies. You get these chinook winds n all that rolls over the mountains, melts everything the next day snow storm etc. Been -22 for past 3 days n tomorrow +5. Usually-22 n up is in January n February. Fall is beautiful in Canada. Summer is too hot. Spring...eeeee if we get one. Lol Butlike I said, itā€™s mostly Alberta that you never know what youā€™ll get. Itā€™s a surprise!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks was a big girl.. longer legs and body. She was a healthy 62 lbs, with a good waistline it was the lowest we could get her. Both boys stayed / stay between 56-58 with good waistline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.