New EB Mom [emoji4]

Nicolelayosa316

Oct 29, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gruff
Hello,

I just got my pup last Friday. His name is Gruff (my daughter chose the name lol and she is obsess with him). Omg Iā€™ve been reading so many discussions for days now and learned so much! Gruff is 14 weeks. The seller let me know he was sick and got Aspiration Pneumonia but was cleared and finished all his treatment. But he still has wheezing and I think he has mucus, he tries to cough it out and get it out but ends up swallowing it again. I started the diffuser with the recommended EOs (Lavender, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass and Tea Tree) I havenā€™t notice any changes but will definitely keep going since it might take a while to work so hopefully it helps him. I also tried giving him a little bit of lemon juice and it does help him but only for a few minutes. I donā€™t want to give him that all the time cause I donā€™t know if it might be bad for him. I feel so bad hearing him wheezing and trying cough the mucus oit. We scheduled an appointment today just to make sure he is recovering and lungs are clear. I just want him to be good and feel better already. We are so in love with him.
ffe0b3ef62cad06c7ef871e6259963b1.jpg
9b6b9885f886c3851f038ea14e98df05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Hello sweet Gruff and welcome to the forum! What a great name (although I hope little Gruff's personality does not agree with his name!). Good that you will be taking him to the vet for his cough and wheezing.

Wishing baby Gruff a speedy recovery!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN! Vet visit for sure... pneumonia can come back quickly so it is best to be sure. Also try the steam showers, close door and run hot shower so steam will break up mucus

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
What a cutie! Regarding the diffuser, keep it going and if you can, put it where she sleeps at night. Follow that amount of drops on the recipe as it does work. And yes, do bring Gruff for a checkup as you never know. Since heā€™s young n still has mucus going on, make sure he gets some rest. I know children can play 24/7 with puppies and neither will stop. Thatā€™s what kids n puppies do... Itā€™s just till he clears up. Just a thought:)

And WELCOME!!!

OP
Nicolelayosa316

Nicolelayosa316

Oct 29, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gruff
We took him to the vet. They took Chest X Ray. Good news, he does not have pneumonia but bad news, he has an infection and might have Bronchitis :( .. We will start antibiotics and cough medicine tomorrow. We will definitely keep the diffuser on as he is still very congested. Hopefully it makes him feel better. Thank you for all the prayers and concerns! You guys are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
We took him to the vet. They took Chest X Ray. Good news, he does not have pneumonia but bad news, he has an infection and might have Bronchitis :( .. We will start antibiotics and cough medicine tomorrow. We will definitely keep the diffuser on as he is still very congested. Hopefully it makes him feel better. Thank you for all the prayers and concerns! You guys are awesome! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brindle as a pup had the same issue. She had green slim coming
everywhere. At night I put her in her kennel, locked it up n put the diffuser above her kennel. I did put like a towel just to cover the top of her kennel only so it doesnā€™t mist on her. As long she was breathing the mixture that fell around her was good enough. When she was sleeping it was on low mist n day time was on full mist throughout the house. Took about 3 days n it did clear out. Green slim was gone in 3 days, then was yellow then white n gone. To this day, I still diffuse daily in the area they mostly hang around.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Oh my, he is SOOOO handsome!! Love his name too!! Congratulations!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Your baby is adorable, and I hope he recovers soon...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Beautiful boy! Make sure you keep up with recommendations, and check ups!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online