OP
Amy89

Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
24 hours now since he took the last anti-biotic and I think we may be getting somewhere

20191026_081155.jpg

20191026_081207.jpg

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
24 hours now since he took the last anti-biotic and I think we may be getting somewhere

View attachment 117753

View attachment 117754

I love his bulldog glare ! If the diarrhea continues, even if he doesn't show any parasites it's still worth doing the febendazole since the tests can sometimes falsely show negative for giardia.

The oil of oregano that [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] was mentioning can kill a lot of worms, but it takes 6 weeks.

OP
Amy89

Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
I love his bulldog glare ! If the diarrhea continues, even if he doesn't show any parasites it's still worth doing the febendazole since the tests can sometimes falsely show negative for giardia.

The oil of oregano that [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] was mentioning can kill a lot of worms, but it takes 6 weeks.

Great thank you. I will get the tests done then go from there. Thank you all so much for your help. It has been amazing. Just hope he starts to get better. Been the week from hell

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great thank you. I will get the tests done then go from there. Thank you all so much for your help. It has been amazing. Just hope he starts to get better. Been the week from hell

This can be a nightmare but many here have great advice to help support you through.... keep us posted and give him hugs from us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Amy89

Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Hi all,

Bruce seems to now be back to his normal mischievous self, full of energy and wanting to play. The reaction was 100% the meds.

He has done a poo but it is still not right. The vets doesn't open on a sunday so will take a sample first ting Monday morning.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Hi all,

Bruce seems to now be back to his normal mischievous self, full of energy and wanting to play. The reaction was 100% the meds.

He has done a poo but it is still not right. The vets doesn't open on a sunday so will take a sample first ting Monday morning.

Sorry to hear- usually you bring a mix of a couple of stool samples.

OP
Amy89

Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
We have finally got a sample so off to the vets

Hopefully get some answers soon

OP
Amy89

Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Update

Still waiting for the test results but yesterday morning Bruce pooped out one of our cats soft toys. No idea how on earth he got the toy but it could be the cause of all the tummy upset.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update

Still waiting for the test results but yesterday morning Bruce pooped out one of our cats soft toys. No idea how on earth he got the toy but it could be the cause of all the tummy upset.

Oh no!! That would totally cause these issue. Be aware of those little toys and others items, they can cause a blockage which means surgery

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Amy89

Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Oh no!! That would totally cause these issue. Be aware of those little toys and others items, they can cause a blockage which means surgery

I have no idea where he gets these things from as he has the kitchen to himself and when he is in the living room he is never alone.

Today we have had fluff from the bed he destroyed last night and a long thin piece of plastic. We gave him the nickname 'the snaffler' he is certainly living up to that atm

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have no idea where he gets these things from as he has the kitchen to himself and when he is in the living room he is never alone.

Today we have had fluff from the bed he destroyed last night and a long thin piece of plastic. We gave him the nickname 'the snaffler' he is certainly living up to that atm

Lol... he is sneaky and getting into stuff when he knows he has those few seconds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Amy89

Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Well fuming doesn't even cover it.

Rung the vets for an update and his sample is still I'm the fridge ������������

Will be registering at a new vets tomorrow.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Well fuming doesn't even cover it.

Rung the vets for an update and his sample is still I'm the fridge ������������

Will be registering at a new vets tomorrow.

Still in the fridge!!? Fecal samples are supposed to be collected within 24 hours. The fact that they haven't even sent it out yet has me flabbergasted. I would definitely be finding a new vet.

OP
Amy89

Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Still in the fridge!!? Fecal samples are supposed to be collected within 24 hours. The fact that they haven't even sent it out yet has me flabbergasted. I would definitely be finding a new vet.

Yep I sent it in Monday the 28th of October in the morning.

I am absolutely fuming. What if there was something seriously wrong.

First I get told to leave him another week with diarrhoea, then he gets given anti-biotics he is allergic to and told to carry them on as it cluldnt be them to find out the next day his mouth then becomes swollen, finally bring in a sample and we will send it off my ***.

I am really not happy and I am going to refuse to pay my bill.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yep I sent it in Monday the 28th of October in the morning.

I am absolutely fuming. What if there was something seriously wrong.

First I get told to leave him another week with diarrhoea, then he gets given anti-biotics he is allergic to and told to carry them on as it cluldnt be them to find out the next day his mouth then becomes swollen, finally bring in a sample and we will send it off my ***.

I am really not happy and I am going to refuse to pay my bill.

HOLY CRAP... I would be in a fit and ready to rip something apart

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online