Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Oh my he is just adorable...I love him!! As previously mentioned, I would not cut back on food. Chunky puppies are okay, it's chunky adults you worry about. I did not feed puppy specific kibble at all with my two. If you want to stick to Fromm, they have a 4 star line you can rotate between.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I understand your idea on protein switch, but not sure you understood my question. Since Fromms only has 1 protein bags, and not in puppy food, should I start buying small bags of different protein and add it to his kibble, like 50/50?

Yes you can buy smaller bags. I’m not familiar with Fromm as I’ve never feed my dogs Fromm. I do know a few members in here that does/did use Fromm and they liked it. I personally only used Acana as it has way more variety single proteins. I thought Fromm had a lot too but from what Christine just posted I guess not. You can continue with the Fromm puppy one meal n another Fromm adult as the other meal.

With all the studies of kibbles nowadays, there is not much difference from a puppy food vs adult food. It’s basically the same n size of kibbles changes. What’s important is the extras we give our dogs/pups throughout the day. Example mind gets a frozen raw herring/sardine as a lunch snack. As puppy they would get half. Dry liver, dry sardines, frozen berries/veggies n frozen raw tripe are other snacks. When they were on kibbles, there is one thing I always did, buy raw liver or heart. Cut it up n top their kibbles. I believe when any dog is fed kibbles, to have a good gut flora, top with raw organs n mix it in.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.