Any other mini bulldog owner's here?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=295]punky[/MENTION], I would love to see pics. [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] & [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], Gracie is a little princess. I think Gator is bigger than her at 8 months. BUT she is sooooo cute!!!!!

[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]...... Gypsy will be passing HRH in size before long... lol

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Copied from the AKC site for Bulldogs:

Size, Proportion, Symmetry
Size--The size for mature dogs is about 50 pounds; for mature bitches about 40 pounds. Proportion--The circumference of the skull in front of the ears should measure at least the height of the dog at the shoulders. Symmetry--The "points" should be well distributed and bear good relation one to the other, no feature being in such prominence from either excess or lack of quality that the animal appears deformed or ill-proportioned. Influence of Sex In comparison of specimens of different sex, due allowance should be made in favor of the bitches, which do not bear the characteristics of the breed to the same degree of perfection and grandeur as do the dogs.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] Gator is definitely bigger than HRH already, I'd say at least a half inch taller at the shoulders. He's still so young that he needs to develop shoulders, but he's gonna be pretty good sized I'll guess. Like we discussed though, he's not at all chubby looking. I'd say just right for the puppy he still is.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Orion is not a mini...nor a runt. Wait, can the only puppy of a litter be considered a runt? Anyways...she is almost 2 (June 17th) and she weighs 36 pounds. She gives new meaning to the word PITA.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Orion is not a mini...nor a runt. Wait, can the only puppy of a litter be considered a runt? Anyways...she is almost 2 (June 17th) and she weighs 36 pounds. She gives new meaning to the word PITA.

Maggie is the same .. she's not a mini ... and really not sure if she's a runt or not. However, she's approx 35-37lbs ... we try and keep her closer to 36-37lb. Maggie gives new meaning to the word Stubborn :lmao:

sitartzm

May 25, 2011
Wisconsin
Bulldog(s) Names
Brewer
Just wondering if there are any other of us here?

Hello, I will be bringing home a mini bd in about 5 weeks. I was told from my breeder that a mini bulldog is when they take a smaller size mom and a smaller size dad and breed. My dog is pure breed EB and not mixed with anything else. It is just smaller in size. Hope that helps a bit.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Thanks [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] and [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]. Gypsy seems tiny to me for her age but I think it is because Gator is kind of a bigger guy.

Voosch

Jun 2, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
Hello, I am a Minature Bulldog owner, So new that I haven't got her yet, as she is only 3 weeks old right now and I have 5 more weeks before she will get to come to her new home. But I would love to visit with you all about your advice and comments on the Minatures.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
They are very cute! Silva is definatly not a mini she is 59 lbs and she WAS the runt of her litter! Stella was the biggest female in her litter of 8 and she is about 27 lbs and no quite 4 months!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Delilah only ways about 40 lbs. She's not really "mini," though..

In the AKC standard, bulldogs are supposed to weigh between 40-60 lbs at most. You're not going to see a show bulldog who weighs over 60 lbs most likely.

Your minis are awfully cute and look healthy. They aren't ridiculously mini. I saw one website that was breeding 20 lb "mini bulldogs" and those things had so many damn health problems that most of them didn't even live to be 5...and they cost like $3500. Made me angry!

OP
PukaMiniBulldogs

PukaMiniBulldogs

Mar 18, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Mai, Tai, and Tiki
I'm not sure but those 20 lbs mini's could have been a cross between a Bully and a Pug.

Anything under 40lbs is considered a mini and the mini bulldog world. But as stated before, we only breed AKC bullys that are bred down in size.

Delilah only ways about 40 lbs. She's not really "mini," though..

In the AKC standard, bulldogs are supposed to weigh between 40-60 lbs at most. You're not going to see a show bulldog who weighs over 60 lbs most likely.

Your minis are awfully cute and look healthy. They aren't ridiculously mini. I saw one website that was breeding 20 lb "mini bulldogs" and those things had so many damn health problems that most of them didn't even live to be 5...and they cost like $3500. Made me angry!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.