Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Oh, my!!! Those are just adorable!!! I might hafta just get me one next year. :luv:

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=2050]PukaMiniBulldogs[/MENTION] DO mini's free whelp?

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
I just adopted a very small, obese eb. Any way to tell if she is mixed>?

She's not AKC and she has a small head but other than that she seems like a purebred eb to me. Very wide stance and has a pretty bully temperament from what i see so far. She's (or should be) about 30-35 pounds.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I just adopted a very small, obese eb. Any way to tell if she is mixed>?

She's not AKC and she has a small head but other than that she seems like a purebred eb to me. Very wide stance and has a pretty bully temperament from what i see so far. She's (or should be) about 30-35 pounds.

HRH weighs 40 pounds and she's small for a bulldog. She is AKC. Check my or [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] posts for pictures of her. Perhaps you can compare those to your girl. If she's obese looking at 35 pounds it sounds like perhaps she's mixed with a frenchie or pug. She could still look like a bully, and that's what would qualify her to be called a Mini I think. Mini's don't qualify for AKC yet, although I think some breeders are trying to get that changed.

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Hate to sound rude but mini anything bothers me. It's not normal. They are cute as can be, but I'll stick with my standard.

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
Damn, my Brutus is def a jumbo [MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION]! I guess no mini's in my future...he would crush them with all 70 pounds :p

OP
PukaMiniBulldogs

PukaMiniBulldogs

Mar 18, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Mai, Tai, and Tiki
HRH weighs 40 pounds and she's small for a bulldog. She is AKC. Check my or @BruceP posts for pictures of her. Perhaps you can compare those to your girl. If she's obese looking at 35 pounds it sounds like perhaps she's mixed with a frenchie or pug. She could still look like a bully, and that's what would qualify her to be called a Mini I think. Mini's don't qualify for AKC yet, although I think some breeders are trying to get that changed.

There is no specific mini class in AKC yet, but all of our bullies are AKC.

OP
PukaMiniBulldogs

PukaMiniBulldogs

Mar 18, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Mai, Tai, and Tiki
Originally the bulldog, which was originally bred for bull baiting, was actually the size of our mini bullies that we breeed. Quiet small compared to todays AKC standard. It wasn't until they were brought to American that they were bred much larger, which has caused them to have the health problems they have, which our minies tend not to have. They were then also renamed "English" Bulldogs. AKC has no English Bulldog, they are simply Bulldogs.

Just a bit of history.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
lol [MENTION=2251]NJBullyMommy[/MENTION]. i'm not saying he's a jumbo, but if petite bulldogs are mini's, then large bulldogs are.....?

I was at an akc show out here in phoenix one year and there was this absolutely beautiful bullie named scorpion. he was 80 lbs!!! the biggest bully i have ever seen, he was incredible. i think he was from kentucky if i remember correctly.

Last edited:

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
not sure what you are calling a mini-bulldog... i have a english bulldog that was a runt of the litter and is smaller then most.. but dont tell her that... she doesnt know her size... she loves to try and play with the other two bulldogs that are much larger then her....

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
i forgot to mention shes around 40 pounds.. her bullie playmates are 55 and 65 pounds... i will post pictures soon..

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=295]punky[/MENTION], I would love to see pics. [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] & [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], Gracie is a little princess. I think Gator is bigger than her at 8 months. BUT she is sooooo cute!!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online