Any other mini bulldog owner's here?

Bully momma

Apr 1, 2011
I am here! I have 3 mini bully and I am getting another one the next weekend. They are all on a Raw Diet. and Love it...:bully:

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
I believe once said on another forum they were bred to a pug or french bulldog to get the smaller size...If I'm not mistaken...

A small framed bulldog is not considered a mini but is just a small framed bulldog...;)

I know back when I heard a lot about them...there was controversy over AKC not accepting them as a breed. And one could not register them. Has this changed?

Last edited:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I was just going to ask if they had been bread with a french bulldog.

Bully momma

Apr 1, 2011
Here is what mine are. This is the IOEBA Standard. The Goal with this Breed is to get them back to the Original Bulldog Form. For example Better Breathing, Better Agelity, Not getting over heated To easily, Better Bone Per body mass. and so on.
English Bantam Bulldogge

The IOEBA's official English Bantam Bulldogge breed standard is a detailed written description of the perfect "type" or "flawless" English Bantam Bulldogge.

A well written, detailed breed standard is a very effective tool that can be used to assists English Bantam Bulldogge breeders in the selection process and evaluation of English Bantam Bulldogge that are being considered for a structured breeding program or as a possible conformation show participant.

The IOEBA's English Bantam Bulldogge breed standard should always be used as a written guide and reference to current and future English Bantam Bulldogge breeders.

It is important that English Bantam Bulldogge breeders understand and use the IOEBA's English Bantam Bulldogge breed standard, as the offspring they produce will have an impact on the English Bantam Bulldogge breed in the future for many generations.

The goal of all reputable English Bantam Bulldogge breeders is to achieve perfection as far as correct breed type, health and temperament.

All IOEBA conformation judges use the IOEBA's official English Bantam Bulldogge breed standard as a guide to give themselves a mental picture of breed perfection by which they select future IOEBA conformation champions.

Breed Standard

General Description : The English Bantam Bulldogge is what many "Toy Bulldogs" phenotypically looked like in the early 1800’s when the Bulldog that had been used in previous centuries for bull and bear baiting had been bred down in size to a small bulldog weighing between 20lbs - 40lbs.

The perfect English Bantam Bulldogge should be of short to medium height with a square-looking head and a strong, muscular body. The disposition should be friendly, brave, and loyal. The temperament is to be steady and dependable.

Males should be free breeders and females should free whelp as a rule. The English Bantam Bulldogge should not have the samebreathing or activity limitations of some modern bull breeds.

Their lifespan is between 10 and 14 years.

Head : Large and square compared to the body with a nice, furrow (rope) over the nose. Fault: Head too small in proportion to the body.

Ears : Short set high, natural or cropped. If natural, semi-prick or rose are preferred. Prick or flat, wide ears are non preferred. Upright ears are allowed if natural but are non preferred.
Muzzle : Broad, deep and short with moderate wrinkling. The bite is undershot with the bottom jaw turning up noticeably. Lower canines should not protrude. Muzzle too long (more than 3 inches), scissor bite or even bite are disqualifying faults. Muzzle should be no shorter than 1 ½”. Fault: Muzzle too long, scissor or even bite. Wry jaw is a disqualifying fault.

Eyes : Wide apart and of moderate size. Any color is acceptable, however, odd eyes (one dark, one blue or light) should be considered non preferred. Lacking pigment around the eyes is undesirable. Fault: Misshapen or bugged eyes are a serious fault. Crossed eyes or non-symmetrically shaped eyes are a disqualifying fault.

Nose : Wide and broad. The nose should have nice open nostrils. Nose all colors acceptable. The nose should be a solid color. Lacking pigment should be considered non preferred. Fault: Completely pink nose (a small amount is acceptable).

Neck : Short in length and very muscular flowing into the shoulders and should not be set on the dog so it appears to stop at the shoulders. Fault: Long or weedy appearing neck.

Chest : Ribs should be well sprung (rounded) and the chest wide and deep.
Depth of chest should be at least to the elbows. Fault: A hollow or narrow chest (slab sided) should be considered a serious fault.

Back : Males should appear square and balanced. Females should appear similar with consideration given for body length. Short with a very slight rise from the shoulders to the rump is preferred. A level back is acceptable as long as the tail does not come straight off the top of the back. Fault: Excessive sway-back.
Shoulders : Shoulders should be well laid back with significant angulations to allow for good movement. Straight shoulders are a fault.

Legs : Forelegs should be straight and wide apart, neither bowing out nor turning in. There should be significant bone substance. Elbows should be relatively close to the body. Lacking bone and substance is very undesirable. Fault: Bowed or turned out resulting in poor movement.

Rear legs should exhibit significant bend of stifle so to allow for good movement.
They should be well muscled. Fault: Straight or “posty” rear legs are a serious fault. Cow hocks are a disqualifying fault.

Feet : Round, tight both front and rear coming from strong pasterns. Fault: Weak pasterns and/or splayed feet.

Height : Males: 10 - 16 inches at the shoulder. Females: 9 -15 inches at the shoulder.

Weight : Between 18 - 39 pounds. Weight over 40 lbs up to 45 lbs allowed in breeding stock or pets, but will be penalized in the show ring.

Color : Any color, except merle, is acceptable with no preference for one over another. The coat should be short, glossy and stiff to the touch.

Tail : Should be natural, with a short screw or straight tail being preferred.

Temperament : Disposition should be outgoing and happy. While a watchful nature may be expected at home, human aggression without provocation is a disqualifying fault.
english bantam bulldogge, english bantam bulldogges, english bantam bulldogs, bantam bulldogs, shorty bull, mini bulldogs, english bantam bulldogge breed standard, english bantam bulldogge pictures, english bantam bulldogge information, english bantam bulldogge standards, english bantam bulldogge registry, english bantam bulldogge registries, english bantam bulldog registration, english bantam bulldogge breed profile, english bantam bulldogge temperment, english bantam bulldogge registration, english bantam bulldogge characteristics, english bantam bulldogge dog breed profiles, english bantam bulldogge pictures, english bantam bulldogge history, english bantam bulldogge origin, english bantam bulldogge bulldog rescues, english bantam bulldogge breeders

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
That was interesting. Thank you for posting it.

OP
PukaMiniBulldogs

PukaMiniBulldogs

Mar 18, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Mai, Tai, and Tiki
Since I started this one let me tell you what a mini EB is. It's very simple actually. Mine are full AKC registered Bulldogs simply bred down to between 30-38 pounds. That's all. They aren't mix bred with anything as some people have done. It's breeders such as myself that are trying to get AKC to give these little wonders their own classification as they have done with many miniature breeds.

As mentioned earlier they have less health issues due to weight such as obesity and breathing problems and they tend to live a little longer. They're great for those wanting a bulldog but live in an apartment or small home. And the fact that ours are full AKC dogs they are pure bred EB's with great bloodlines, champs included.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Good info @pukaminibulls..I saw a mini at my vet. Fell in love..I thought it was a pup..but was almost a year..she was beautiful and I can see why there would be a demand for healthy minis.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Since I started this one let me tell you what a mini EB is. It's very simple actually. Mine are full AKC registered Bulldogs simply bred down to between 30-38 pounds. That's all. They aren't mix bred with anything as some people have done. It's breeders such as myself that are trying to get AKC to give these little wonders their own classification as they have done with many miniature breeds.

As mentioned earlier they have less health issues due to weight such as obesity and breathing problems and they tend to live a little longer. They're great for those wanting a bulldog but live in an apartment or small home. And the fact that ours are full AKC dogs they are pure bred EB's with great bloodlines, champs included.

Hmmm.. They are full blood EBs?? That is interesting. I like your explanation better. I don't mean to sound pissy ( I hope I am allowed to say that ), but it bothers me when people mix two different breeds to make "designer" breeds. That is what my daughters dog is. He is a PomerRat. We adopted him from the shelter. Can I see a pic of your cuties without their cute shirts on to see how they look?

OP
PukaMiniBulldogs

PukaMiniBulldogs

Mar 18, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Mai, Tai, and Tiki
Hmmm.. They are full blood EBs?? That is interesting. I like your explanation better. I don't mean to sound pissy ( I hope I am allowed to say that ), but it bothers me when people mix two different breeds to make "designer" breeds. That is what my daugh 196102_10150118121698171_520488170_6640967_3983322_n.jpgters dog is. He is a PomerRat. We adopted him from the shelter. Can I see a pic of your cuties without their cute shirts on to see how they look?

189550_10150118121353171_520488170_6640963_1935961_n.jpg

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
[MENTION=2050]PukaMiniBulldogs[/MENTION] your little ones are just adorable! I always thought a mini was just a pug mix..thank you for clarifying! Shame you aren't in Pa! I'd love to have a herd of them running around my yard!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online