RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry for your loss. At least he was not alone, but with loved ones.

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
He lived large while with his forever family. They spoiled that boy just the right amount. We were lucky enough to have him stay with us for a week not too long ago, while his parents were vacationing. We were also looking forward to another stay this November.
His issues came on rather suddenly and his little heart just gave out. His family did all they could do for him and gave him the best possible life he could hope for. He would have been 3 yo today.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He lived large while with his forever family. They spoiled that boy just the right amount. We were lucky enough to have him stay with us for a week not too long ago, while his parents were vacationing. We were also looking forward to another stay this November.
His issues came on rather suddenly and his little heart just gave out. His family did all they could do for him and gave him the best possible life he could hope for. He would have been 3 yo today.

Three wonderful years.... please send our thoughts and prayers to his parents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

Wow, he was cut down in his prime. So sad.

How do you get Lala to not run off your property? My Frenchie is totally unreliable- loved to chase squirrels and cats ( when she saw them ).

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Wow, he was cut down in his prime. So sad.

How do you get Lala to not run off your property? My Frenchie is totally unreliable- loved to chase squirrels and cats ( when she saw them ).

Same with Jax. I had a trainer come to the house years ago and was told don’t ever have him off leash.

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
How do you get Lala to not run off your property?
Lala is really well trained. She’s so smart and people oriented. She knows lots of commands and tricks. All that...and Sandy is a phenom dog trainer...I have learned so much from her...so lucky I am.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Lala is really well trained. She’s so smart and people oriented. She knows lots of commands and tricks. All that...and Sandy is a phenom dog trainer...I have learned so much from her...so lucky I am.

Can Sandy come and train Louie? Or I’ll send him there. [emoji23]

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
It’s awful. It just doesn’t seem fair. They are so lovable and happy to have cut so young just isn’t right. Im not smart enough to say anything but I am sorry. We went through this just a few weeks ago. No two people are the same but I told Weesie I am going to print out some pictures of the boys. I stole her credit card, sent the pictures to Walmart. They are supposed to be ready Oct 11th. FOUR HUNDRED AND THIRTY TWO PICTURES. I know it helped me is why I brought it up.
Again I am sorry for your loss.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

She must be considering bulldogs are in position 136 out of 138 total dog breeds in working/obedience intelligence. I forgot to mention that I was broken into a couple of years ago through my front door being pried open, and the police found my Frenchie wandering around outside and kept her in their squad car until I got home. So I guess she might run off after a cat or squirrel, but won't wonder away. I'm hoping that they didn't hit her with the crowbar, but she seemed ok.

Top 10 dog breeds for working/obedience intelligence:

Border Collie
Poodle
German Shepherd Dog
Golden Retriever
Doberman Pinscher
Shetland Sheepdog
Labrador Retriever
Papillon
Rottweiler
Australian Cattle Dog

I used to have a Border Collie/Australian Cattle Dog mix. She was a rescue from a city run dog shelter, not from a foster home. I couldn't really tell if she was overly smart, because I got her as an adult, and I didn't take her to any classes or make a huge effort to train her. But she was unbelievable at playing frisbee. She would start out at my feet, and I would throw a frisbee with all my might, and then she would take off and end up catching it before it landed. This was playing on the streets of a townhouse complex, and I could trust her not to run off and chase anything.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so sorry to hear about Turbo. So young too. RIP sweet boy.

OptimisticBully

Sep 3, 2018
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobieski ( Scott)
I am so sorry to hear about! I know it’s so hard. I’m almost in tears, but he was in your arms... sure that meant the world to him! He was lucky to have been in your arms!

It’s heart breaking! My deepest sympathies!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

Oh my goodness!! I remember when you first posted this video, I loved it so much! Again so very sorry! Turbo was sooooo young, it just breaks my heart. Sounds like he lived a TON and very well during his very short time on the earth. God Bless you Turbo!! And ALL of his humans

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.