Black spots on tummy

Vahe418

Sep 11, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbz
Hi anyone know if these black spots on my puppies belly are normal or not? 3E2FFCEA-DC17-41BE-A0BB-80797B6912CB.jpeg9A8EEC5C-BCC4-4259-AA7C-AD2060661AF8.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep... freckles!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you! Youā€™ve been replying to all my posts with great information.. I really appreciate it!

We are all here for you n others. I will answer only of what I know, been through or seen results. The ā€œbeen there done itā€ thingy. But you will notice Iā€™m more on the holistic side n lots n lots of maintenance. :)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Normal puppy freckles and don't be surprised if more appear and get larger with age. Hair will hide most of them til bath time...then they all show up.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Perhaps I'm wrong, but apart from the freckles there seem to be some tiny black spots more like pimples too. Castor has them on his tummy now and then and they disappear when he takes a bath (just seem to be clogged up pores). But perhaps you just meant the freckles?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Perhaps I'm wrong, but apart from the freckles there seem to be some tiny black spots more like pimples too. Castor has them on his tummy now and then and they disappear when he takes a bath (just seem to be clogged up pores). But perhaps you just meant the freckles?[/QUOTE

Clogged up pores yes which is normal as you mentioned. Usually dogs gets that from rugs/carpets or friction on dry surfaces. Like acne under the belly.. Go figure eh? Lol

OP
Vahe418

Vahe418

Sep 11, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbz
Perhaps I'm wrong, but apart from the freckles there seem to be some tiny black spots more like pimples too. Castor has them on his tummy now and then and they disappear when he takes a bath (just seem to be clogged up pores). But perhaps you just meant the freckles?

Yes I was talking about the freckles.. the pimple looking things come and go.. sometimes they look like they have yellow fluid in it, I wipe it down with puppy wipes and they usually go away within a day or two.. but eventually will come back..

Most Reactions