Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Well, Miss Matildas day started off with her going to the vet for her 3rd set of puppy shots and rabbies vaccination. I about cried when she yelped two times she got poked. :*( But all is good now. No torture for another year!! Yay!! After that, she goofed off for the longest time with her AJ. Then around 6:30 pm we went to our first local BCA meeting. That was really fun. She was havng a great time until the moment she got her ears glued. Man, she was mad at her momma for a whole 3 minutes!! Lol!! Now both kids are passed out together.

Shhh!! Say nothing about her ears..

002 by Britajsmommy2011, on Flickr

003 by Britajsmommy2011, on Flickr

004 by Britajsmommy2011, on Flickr

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Looks like she had a rough day ... Cuteness overload!

L

Lucy-licious

ok might sound like a silly question to you guys but Ears glued?? please enlighten me.

looks like she is very comfy snuggled up with her brother, cute very cute

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, I am going to show my baby locally when she is old enough just to see how things go. I myself can't explain without pictures. But here is a place that can.

(sorry this link was removed ~desertskybulldogs)

I was on here before I stumbled across you guys. I ya'll better!!! :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
REALLY darling pics!

when i picked up Tate from the breeders, his sister was getting her ears glued too. She offered to glue Tate's ears but i declined. I don't know too much about it myself but the breeder told me it's so that the ears are positioned the same way, either downward or upward (??). Someone with more knowledge can probably enlighten us all!

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah, it is part of the Bulldog Standard. One guy was telling me that her lower jaw wasn't right where her toofies are and suggested pulling one of the middle ones. :eek: I was like, ummmm NO!! my baby will loose her puppy teeth naturally thank you very much!!!

Erika

Apr 6, 2011
Austin, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess, Boss Lady P, P Dawg
That is just too adorable! Your Matilda looks just like Princess. I didnt have her as a puppy since we rescued her...but I bet thats exactly what she looked like. Thanks for sharing:)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH has slightly irregular ears. One is the perfect rose shape and one would be if glued like that link showed. But she isn't a show dog, she's a spoiled princess so the unique ear adds to her character.:luv:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I love pictures of the kids together! They are so cute :).

Question about the gluing of the ears though. Do you have to keep doing it? Does it eventually go back to normal? Gator's are very good rose ears (I considered showing but decided against it) and I see the benefit of doing it if you plan to show, but does it count against them?

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I love pictures of the kids together! They are so cute :).

Question about the gluing of the ears though. Do you have to keep doing it? Does it eventually go back to normal? Gator's are very good rose ears (I considered showing but decided against it) and I see the benefit of doing it if you plan to show, but does it count against them?

Nope, you only hafta do it once. It doesn't count against them either. By the time she hits 6 months her ears will be glue free.

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH has slightly irregular ears. One is the perfect rose shape and one would be if glued like that link showed. But she isn't a show dog, she's a spoiled princess so the unique ear adds to her character.:luv:

Oh, Matilda is a spoiled little princess also. My daughter wanted to do something different so she is trying to be a Junior Handler and Matilda is gonna be her dog. It is also gonna be mother daughter time.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
So once you glue them they stay like that forever even when the glue comes off? Interesting! It is very cool that your daughter wants to do Junior Handler. You guys will have a great time and so will Matilda.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.