Lemon juice??

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Hi guys, someone on another site suggested lemon juice for bullies if they have a cold or to help with phlegm.
Has anyone here heard of this?
Stella seems like she may have a little cold. Runny nose (clear) and stuffy after waking up.
She also seems to be not quite herself..

Does anyone have any recommendations for colds?

Thanks in advance! [emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Yes, you can squirt a little lemon juice on the sides of their mouths if they are extremely phlegmy. Clear runny nose sounds like allergies... I give my dog Wally one Xyzal a day for his allergies. He also gets Cytopoint injections... they are allergy shots for dogs. You can also put her in the bathroom w/the hot shower running... have her breathe in the steam to help clear up congestion. BUT please be mindful to NOT let her get overheated... just a few minutes at a time.

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Yes, you can squirt a little lemon juice on the sides of their mouths if they are extremely phlegmy. Clear runny nose sounds like allergies... I give my dog Wally one Xyzal a day for his allergies. He also gets Cytopoint injections... they are allergy shots for dogs. You can also put her in the bathroom w/the hot shower running... have her breathe in the steam to help clear up congestion. BUT please be mindful to NOT let her get overheated... just a few minutes at a time.

Thanks ddnene. She is on cytopoint injections, and I have been giving her a benedryl every day.

She is also sneezing. She just did it 3x in a row.

I just gave her a paw bath in Epsom salts and I put a couple drops of lavender in the tub. I also closed the door and put the diffuser on with peppermint, eauchalyptus and lavender.. we were in there for about 10-15 and that seemed to help her congestion a bit bit now she is sneezing which Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve ever even heard her do.
She is also being extra sad, whiny and lovey. Literally as I type this she is sitting here and made the saddest whine noise I have ever heard! Itā€™s killing me that I feel like she doesnā€™t feel good and I canā€™t help her[emoji22]

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thanks ddnene. She is on cytopoint injections, and I have been giving her a benedryl every day.

I just gave her a paw bath in Epsom salts and I put a couple drops of lavender in the tub. I also closed the door and put the diffuser on with peppermint, eauchalyptus and lavender.. we were in there for about 10-15 and that seemed to help her congestion a bit bit now she is sneezing which Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve ever even heard her do.
She is also being extra sad, whiny and lovey. Literally as I type this she is sitting here and made the saddest whine noise I have ever heard! Itā€™s killing me that I feel like she doesnā€™t feel good and I canā€™t help her[emoji22]

You can also use tea tree but HALF of the regular dose of the your 3 oils. You can also add rosemary. Put the diffuser where she sleeps tonight. Itā€™s going to take a couple days.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Oh gosh... poor baby!!! Benadryl has been getting some bad press as of late, they say it causes dementia with longtime use... too late for me personally, LOL NOT sure about dogs, but you could switch to the Xyzal and see if that helps her. I found that Wally isn't as sleepy during the day.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

How is she doing? I stopped Benedryl and switched to Zyrtec

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.