I just need someone to tell me that it will be fine!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am starting to have anxiety about Gator's neutering on Friday. I don't remember feeling like this when Lucy was spayed! My baby is going under! OMG!

This morning my husband and I were talking about it and I actually started getting short of breath! I don't know what is up with me about this! I have never, nor do I ever, want a pet that is not spayed or neutered. Well...except the hamsters but that wouldn't be very practical would it? :lol: Is that even possible??

What has this guy done to me? First I actually am putting clothes on a dog (which I swore would never happen but now think is the cutest thing ever), I ignore his gassines, obsess over his diet, wipe his booty without blinking (which, lets face it, when you are a kid you don't dream about following a dog around with a baby wipe) , I think it must be :bulldog::luv:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It will be fine! :up: Just make sure they are using isofluriane to put him under and nothing else, okay? I tell everyone to check this as it is important.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Everything is gonna be fine! Your baby will be a little sleepy for a while and then He is gonna be back to normal:hug2:Just keep thinking that you are doing the best thing for Him.You are a responsible Mommy:heart:

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
:hug2: Bulldogs have their way with us sapps. your baby will be absolutely fine.

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
dont worry! he will be ok. I was the same way with gregory, i actually cried and called the vet every 3 hrs or so to make sure all was well.
is he coming home the same day or are they keeping him overnight?

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
It will be fine! :up: Just make sure they are using isofluriane to put him under and nothing else, okay? I tell everyone to check this as it is important.

Thank you so much for this! I will actually call them tomorrow and inquire about what the options are. What are the reasons for that particular drug?

I was just cleaning his face and looking at his sweet face and cried a little thinking about it. I think I am worried about two things, the anesthesia and will the surgery change his personality?? I mean he is 6 months old so still young but I love him the way he is!! Of course, I will still love him as he changes with growing older but what if he gets SAD (ok, dumb, I know).

He will go in very early in the morning for the blood work to make sure all is well before the surgery and then I will pick him up around 4pm after the surgery. The office is open on Saturdays and I have already posted the number for the ER Vet on the fridge just in case something happens in the middle of the night on Friday. I am debating whether or not I want to make a bed on the sofa to be near him or just drag his crate upstairs to my room. I know he will want to sleep in his crate because that is his special place he goes when he feels like it. I think maybe I should leave it because it has been in the same location since he came home with us. THIS is how much thought I have put into this! lol

Thank you guys for your words of encouragement! They help so much!

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
I was a mess when Winston was neutered. He did much better with the situation than I did. :crazy: Your doing the right thing for him and everything will be just fine. Just be ready to give him extra :heart: when he comes home.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It is the safest way to put a bully under. ACE is bad and even propofol can be risky. Basically you want to ask what anesthesia they use. Vets with bully exp. Know this. :). Big hugs!!!

L

Lucy-licious

he will be just fine :hug: You however will be a gibbering wreck until he's home safe in your arms after his surgery :hug2: take care xx

Most Reactions