helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
L
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Iā€™m giving him Fortiflora once a day, zero edible treats. He did mouth on a Bullystick occasionally but Iā€™ve removed that from him a week ago. I tried the pure pumpkin but since we started the bland diet, Iā€™ve cut that out just to rest his gut. Also, I wanted to ask you about the recipe you gave me for yeasty skin. Can I use it as an anti-microbial and antifungal and antibacterial treatment?

Oh dear refresh my memory as I think it was on another thread? What mix was it as I donā€™t want to guide you on the wrong path. I have lots of mix for different issues. Iā€™m running out the door in 5 minutes so wonā€™t have time to go check all your threads.

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION], This is what his skin looks like right now. It was just a little scratch like scab when I brought him to the vet. I slacked off for only about 2 days of his MiconaHex + Triz treatment and now it looks like a whole different beast. Does this look like a typical skin yeast infection? I also found a little irritation spots under one of his arm pits, so thatā€™s new.View attachment 117312

Looks like a puncture? Photo is a tad blurry.

OP
A

AKbully

Aug 15, 2019
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]
15 drops Lavender
15 drops Geranium
15 drops Frankincense
15 drops Basil
10 drops Arborvitae (or thuja)
Iā€™ve saved the rest of the details in your recipe but this is the main part of the recipe. Sorry, Iā€™ve never been a part of a forum before so Iā€™m still learning how to post threads, respond to threads, etc.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]
15 drops Lavender
15 drops Geranium
15 drops Frankincense
15 drops Basil
10 drops Arborvitae (or thuja)
Iā€™ve saved the rest of the details in your recipe but this is the main part of the recipe. Sorry, Iā€™ve never been a part of a forum before so Iā€™m still learning how to post threads, respond to threads, etc.

Itā€™s ok I still screw up after nearly 4years. Just had a flash, already 4 yrs. geez........lol

I was sure it was that recipe but I had to ask just in case.....Yes thatā€™s the mix for Nyalaā€™s tail pocket. But I do use it also for rashes, ears n irritation spread. Iā€™ve used it a couple times for Dukeā€™s folds. He had a thicker fold on one side of the face n it would smell yeasty at times. I do not use it near the eyes. Oil spreads. Need to stay away from the eyes. :) My partner also uses it for his ear. He said works better than his antibiotic ear drops doctors gave him. Just make sure you ā€œdonā€™tā€ pour it into the canal. Inside n around only.

OP
A

AKbully

Aug 15, 2019
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Well, the results came back this morning and itā€™s not Giardia (whew)! Itā€™s coccidiosis! I had him tested the 2ndy day I brought him home but the doc said that it couldā€™ve been so little that it was still undetectable.
His yeasties look a lot better today but if they continue to appear Iā€™ll have the vet check for mites. His ears have relaxed a little bit and like you said 2bullymama itā€™s probably also due to teething. As long as we have good health, wonky ears are not such a big deal afterwards :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Well, the results came back this morning and itā€™s not Giardia (whew)! Itā€™s coccidiosis! I had him tested the 2ndy day I brought him home but the doc said that it couldā€™ve been so little that it was still undetectable.
His yeasties look a lot better today but if they continue to appear Iā€™ll have the vet check for mites. His ears have relaxed a little bit and like you said 2bullymama itā€™s probably also due to teething. As long as we have good health, wonky ears are not such a big deal afterwards :)

Thank goodness it isnā€™t giardia... it is such a bitch to get rid of.

Keep us posted on you handsome boy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Good news! :whew:

But....coccidiosis invades the intestinal lining. Usually in puppies it goes away on its own but make sure you keep your hawk eyes open. :)

https://wagwalking.com/condition/coccidia

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.