Misshapen Ears??

AKbully

Aug 15, 2019
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
After spending 4 days in a traditional, hard plastic E-Collar, my 10 week old puppyā€™s ears went from normal, low lying ears to high, pointed ears! Will they relax back to normal shape on their own? I keep massaging his ears. Iā€™ve switched his cone/E-Collar to an inflatable style collar. 0F934988-4975-4CFB-B4E9-0F5ED155647B.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
After spending 4 days in a traditional, hard plastic E-Collar, my 10 week old puppyā€™s ears went from normal, low lying ears to high, pointed ears! Will they relax back to normal shape on their own? I keep massaging his ears. Iā€™ve switched his cone/E-Collar to an inflatable style collar.View attachment 117307

You can tape them down since he has the collar on. Would be a great time to do it.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Poor Cooper. Cone is bulldog heā€”. I feel for you guys.

OP
A

AKbully

Aug 15, 2019
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] What type of tape would you recommend?

OP
A

AKbully

Aug 15, 2019
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
Iā€™ve taped them down, I found some self sticking Tender Tape. How long should I keep them taped? A few days?

OP
A

AKbully

Aug 15, 2019
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
They do seem to slip out of the Tender Tape fairly easily. Should I try something else?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
They do seem to slip out of the Tender Tape fairly easily. Should I try something else?

I recall taping one ear of my little Duke in the spring. I used duct tape. All I had. But heh, it worked. My breeder said just a couple days as he was starting to have one up n one down. The down one was Nyala playing with him n she kept pulling on the same ear... They can go back on their own too. Up to you.

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Poor little baby.. Cooper you are so sweet! That face is just too much :angelheart: I hope you feel better soon and lose that cone of shame.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL FACE!!

ears... teething can cause them to flop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A

AKbully

Aug 15, 2019
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] We are still struggling with diarrhea, heā€™s been on the bland diet and still diarrhea. Testing for Giardia now like suggested. Weā€™ll get results tomorrow!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] We are still struggling with diarrhea, heā€™s been on the bland diet and still diarrhea. Testing for Giardia now like suggested. Weā€™ll get results tomorrow!

Aside from bland diet, is there any other food, treats or even supplements heā€™s having?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Please keep us posted

OP
A

AKbully

Aug 15, 2019
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Iā€™m giving him Fortiflora once a day, zero edible treats. He did mouth on a Bullystick occasionally but Iā€™ve removed that from him a week ago. I tried the pure pumpkin but since we started the bland diet, Iā€™ve cut that out just to rest his gut. Also, I wanted to ask you about the recipe you gave me for yeasty skin. Can I use it as an anti-microbial and antifungal and antibacterial treatment?

OP
A

AKbully

Aug 15, 2019
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION], This is what his skin looks like right now. It was just a little scratch like scab when I brought him to the vet. I slacked off for only about 2 days of his MiconaHex + Triz treatment and now it looks like a whole different beast. Does this look like a typical skin yeast infection? I also found a little irritation spots under one of his arm pits, so thatā€™s new.C3A20B93-C529-4D7C-AF49-105F247BD563.jpeg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION], This is what his skin looks like right now. It was just a little scratch like scab when I brought him to the vet. I slacked off for only about 2 days of his MiconaHex + Triz treatment and now it looks like a whole different beast. Does this look like a typical skin yeast infection? I also found a little irritation spots under one of his arm pits, so thatā€™s new.View attachment 117312

Hard to see... looks like a wound

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.