Rehome a bulldog

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have found her a home.

Friend of the family lives in Austin & has a 8 month old male German Shepard who loves all dogs.
We drove her to Brenham to meet them & deliver.
The wife works nights & the husband works from home,

2 little girls who wanted a cuddle dog.

Sad to see her go but happy it sounds like a great fit. So far they have played great together.

Yes I teared up at the exchange & as I write this but I know it was best for everyone..

((((Hugs)))). So happy it seems you found her a great home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014

Friend of the family lives in Austin & has a 8 month old male German Shepard who loves all dogs.

Sad to see her go but happy it sounds like a great fit. So far they have played great together.

Yes I teared up at the exchange & as I write this but I know it was best for everyone..

That is great news but I know you are sad. You will be able to get updates on her too I would think. Bittersweet.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Trying the rescues. Something must happen today as the fights are constant and she is in a crate right now.

I canā€™t go to work tomorrow and leave her lose.

Iā€™m devastated.

I am so sorry to read this and understand how devastated you are. Please KNOW that you have done more that 99% of the population would do. Bam Bam is just not a right fit for Pebbles, you had NO WAY to know this. Rest assured the absolute love you have shown for your dogs does not go unnoticed !!!!! You are doing the best thing for all concerned, I know that your heart is breaking but I COMMEND YOU for making the most difficult decision EVER and you've made the decision for the good of your dogs!!!!

Sending big bully hugs your way!!!

Sue and Joey

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

I'm so happy to read this, I hope that you will post updates on Bam Bam!!

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Unfortunately it looks like she doesnā€™t like the German shepherd either.

Feel like there is a black cloud is over my head.

He is checking with his father who just lost his only dog to old age.

I feel soooo bad for bam bam.

I need to find a home with no other dogs.

I wish the breeder round take he back as I know she has a better chance than I but she said she cannot take her until sept 1st.

So sad.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

I wish the breeder round take he back as I know she has a better chance than I but she said she cannot take her until sept 1st.

So sad.

OMG what happened???? Oh you must feel like you're on a roller coaster. I am so sorry for you all!!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

So sad.

OH NO!!! What happened

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Bam bam is showing a little aggression toward the German shepherd. German shepherd just puts her paw on her head, pushes her down and licks her face.

Our friends mother bred bulldogs for years so he is good with dogs but sees a problem in the future.

Hopefully his father whoā€™s is divorced from that mother and retired will take her.

This is tough. I feel so bad for bam bam.

She is so sweet to people. His 6 yr old daughter is already getting attached.

No one is going to win

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Bam bam is showing a little aggression toward the German shepherd. German shepherd just puts her paw on her head, pushes her down and licks her face.

Our friends mother bred bulldogs for years so he is good with dogs but sees a problem in the future.

Hopefully his father whoā€™s is divorced from that mother and retired will take her.

No one is going to win

It sounds like she needs to be in a home where she is the only dog. September 1 is not that far away if she can just be kept separated from the other dogs until then.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

No one is going to win

:( .. GSD is trying to dominate her and you are right , no one wins here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
We met our friends and picked up bam bam tonight and had found a couple with a 11 yr old daughter to give her to. Their EBD had passed a year ago.

They have a new home and have already installed a dog door.

They have been sending videos and pics tonight and I know in my heart she is being loved and is her forever home.

Iā€™m sad she is gone but so happy they are so overjoyed with her and are already loving her soo much.

Our friends know them and without any doubt state they are a 10 out of 10 on the scale of people that that spoil and love animals.

She will be the only dog and by the video I saw of the daughter in happy tears and hugging her and loving on her, we finally made a correct decision.

Tears in my eyes but she will finally be happy and able to thrive without the stress of another dog to fight with.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
So glad to hear this.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
So pleased you were able to find a good, loving home for her.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We met our friends and picked up bam bam tonight and had found a couple with a 11 yr old daughter to give her to. Their EBD had passed a year ago.

They have a new home and have already installed a dog door.

They have been sending videos and pics tonight and I know in my heart she is being loved and is her forever home.

Iā€™m sad she is gone but so happy they are so overjoyed with her and are already loving her soo much.

Our friends know them and without any doubt state they are a 10 out of 10 on the scale of people that that spoil and love animals.

She will be the only dog and by the video I saw of the daughter in happy tears and hugging her and loving on her, we finally made a correct decision.

Tears in my eyes but she will finally be happy and able to thrive without the stress of another dog to fight with.

Utterly fantastic.... my heart is warm knowing you found her the right home!!

(((Hugs)))

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Just reading now and kind of glad. What a hard time but thankfully, all is well now. Bless your hearts and so sorry you had to go through this but now relief can come for ALL! Enjoy the ones you have now knowing you have done them the right choice.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.