Rehome a bulldog

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Unfortunately bam bam is still attacking pebbles.

We need to find her a home where she is the only dog. She is not aggressive to people My 8 yr old granddaughter plays with her and there is zero aggression

We have 3 female dogs and she just does not like pebbles.

She is very Loving and gentle with people, just does not like pebbles.

Not aggressive toward other dogs.

Born 10-15-18. 10 months old. Spayed, microchipped, dog door trained.

Any help appreciated
55504d56921eebaeb58fda34e711bb02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Iā€™m so sad. Never thought I would be ā€œone of those people that gave up a dog ā€œ

BaranBulldog

Apr 18, 2019
Menifee, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I'm sorry to that you have to give up Bam Bam. I'm a new bulldog owner, so I don't know of any corrective measures you can take. Maybe someone else here may have an idea. If you have to give her up, you could look into a bulldog rescue in your area. I found these two: You are being redirected... and dfwbulldogrescue.org.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=16778]Andy T[/MENTION] what exactly happens when it triggers? A stare? Whoā€™s alpha? Like sheā€™s only 10months old, this can be corrected. 10months donā€™t know what being alpha at 100%.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Iā€™m so sad. Never thought I would be ā€œone of those people that gave up a dog ā€œ

So sorry it has come to this... we have many members in the Houston area, but to be sure she finds the best home possible you should work with a bulldog rescue... Houston era has some great ones and they will get her in the right balanced situation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=16778]Andy T[/MENTION] what exactly happens when it triggers? A stare? Whoā€™s alpha? Like sheā€™s only 10months old, this can be corrected. 10months donā€™t know what being alpha at 100%.

Helene... they have tried everything with her... boot camp, in home training, etc, etc, she just hates Peebles who is their other female bulldog.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Helene... they have tried everything with her... boot camp, in home training, etc, etc, she just hates Peebles who is their other female bulldog.

Ok I see... must of missed a section of reading. Still odd for a 10 month old to do that.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok I see... must of missed a section of reading. Still odd for a 10 month old to do that.

He has been posting about it for a few months... boot camp happen twice, she is fine with most but just hates Peebles. Banks was like this at 4 months, she HATED all female dogs, what worked for her was boot camp, in home training, daycare for intensive socializing and being the only female dog in the house... she was always on alert and we had to be 1000% on top of her at all times because she would attack in a half blink of an eye if a female got close enough. The only time she was balanced was at daycare where she knew she was not going to get away with her BS... she became Queen of the littles section and actually accepted a couple female pugs as part of her court.... but bigs, forget it. Other bulldogs, no way boxers were out too. She was very discriminating... long hair dogs regardless of sex... out.
A lot of times at daycare, she had to be removed, to a single section and just watch because she would not stop policing and eyeing up other females for a take down.
, other days she would just sit on her throne and watch h all the other dogs. So, I totally get where Andy is coming from... Bam Bam is just wired one way and needs to be the only female... she will most likely always be great with kids and all humans, but never with other female dog.

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Trying the rescues. Something must happen today as the fights are constant and she is in a crate right now.

I canā€™t go to work tomorrow and leave her lose.

Iā€™m devastated.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Trying the rescues. Something must happen today as the fights are constant and she is in a crate right now.

I canā€™t go to work tomorrow and leave her lose.

Iā€™m devastated.

Iā€™m so sorry... it has to be heartbreaking. Good luck... please keep us posted. I so wish it could have worked out.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
So sorry to hear things did not work out. Finding a new home for the dog sounds like a responsible (although of course difficult) decision at this stage, and hopefully a bulldog rescue will be able to help out.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so sorry Andy. We had to rehome a dog because of female on female fights and they are the worst. We went through the boot camp etc, etc, routine and nothing helped. Females, if they don't like each other, seem to carry a grudge. After several trips to the ER we finally gave up. The guilt was awful but we knew one would have ended up dead as the fights were horrendous. You have to do what ever is best for all concerned. I would definitely try one of the area rescues. Lone Star Bulldog Rescue in Dallas is a large group and has an excellent reputation, Short Mugs Rescue Squad in Houston, there is another group in San Antonio/Austin. I never had any luck at all with any information about dogs from EBRN here in Houston before we got Monty and after. They seem to be MIA. Good luck.

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
I highly recommend Lone Star Bulldog Rescue. That is where I got my Mickey from. The bullies are checked medically, homed with a foster family and worked with until they feel the bully is ready. They have had some that need to be the only dog, so you know they will be responsible rescuers (sp?) They drove 3 hours to bring Mickey to my home. I really recommend them.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve read your previous post n answered it. Sorry had a lot going in my head with Dukeā€™s death. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find the perfect home for BamBam. :)

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
We have found her a home.

Friend of the family lives in Austin & has a 8 month old male German Shepard who loves all dogs.
We drove her to Brenham to meet them & deliver.
The wife works nights & the husband works from home,

2 little girls who wanted a cuddle dog.

Sad to see her go but happy it sounds like a great fit. So far they have played great together.

Yes I teared up at the exchange & as I write this but I know it was best for everyone..

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.