Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Also, the vet did do a fecal test which came up negative for parasites. Would giardia have been detected in that test? Heā€™s gaining weight and is active.

Giardia has to be tested for specifically so you might want to call the vet and ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I was letting him free feed, about 2 cups total a day. then I actually read one of your articles about diarrhea and over feeding, which I mentioned to the vet as a possible factor to the diarrhea. So, she recommended 1 1/4 cups, divided up 3x a day. I felt that was too little so I went to about 1 3/4 divided up 3x a day and then the next day I realized I should listen to the vet. Last night I started on the bland diet for some gut rest for him. Iā€™m only feeding him 1/2 a cup of boiled hamburger meat with rice and I plan on doing that 3x a day. Is this the right amount for a puppy or still too much?
I plan to feed him the bland diet until his stools return to normal and Iā€™m researching some foods that do not have sweet potatoes, since he has the yeast issues. Iā€™m looking at Wellness Simple Recipes, but itā€™s not offered in a puppy formula. What would you recommend?

Look at some of these foods.... Zingnature, Acana, Orijen, Earthborn Holistic, Fromm. They are top quality kibbles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=19186]AKbully[/MENTION], I personally find your brand has too much potatoes n peas. First ingredient is beef then 2 veggies then lamb. Proteins needs to be one behind each other and not in between. Potatoes n peas can give a belly gas. I keep reading all your comments and seems even the vet isnā€™t sure what it is. If it was one of my dogs, now this is ā€œmeā€ I would put my dog on a ā€œfastā€ (fasting) for 12-24 hrs. Donā€™t worry they wonā€™t die of starvation. Must always have water at all times. This is a recipe I kept as one of my Doberman yearā€™s ago had same issue as yours.

Goes like this: After fasting, feed a bland diet. 1 part boiled, skinless, boneless chicken breast to 2 parts boiled rice (brown or white). Do not use any oil, salt, seasoning, or any other additives. Feed your dog very small portions 3-4 times a day for the next 5 days or so, gradually increasing the amount to their normal daily portion.

Continue feeding the bland diet until your dog returns to normal, then add on a couple days. Gradually incorporate your dogā€™s normal food. Start with Ā¼ normal food with Ā¾ chicken and rice, then Ā½ and Ā½ and so on, until youā€™re feeding as usual again.

You can also later add some yogurt since heā€™s a pup. Go slowly!!!

Your Kibble: Deboned Beef, Sweet Potatoes, Peas, Lamb Meal, Potatoes, Pork Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Pea Protein, Potato Protein, Natural Flavor, Salmon Oil, Deboned Salmon, Flaxseed Oil, Apples, Blueberries, Gelatin, Salt, Organic Dried Alfalfa Meal, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid ...

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.