Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9 week old puppy w/yeast infections

Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cooper
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 9 week old puppy w/yeast infections

I was letting him free feed, about 2 cups total a day. then I actually read one of your articles about diarrhea and over feeding, which I mentioned to the vet as a possible factor to the diarrhea. So, she recommended 1 1/4 cups, divided up 3x a day. I felt that was too little so I went to about 1 3/4 divided up 3x a day and then the next day I realized I should listen to the vet. Last night I started on the bland diet for some gut rest for him. I’m only feeding him 1/2 a cup of boiled hamburger meat with rice and I plan on doing that 3x a day. Is this the right amount for a puppy or still too much?
    I plan to feed him the bland diet until his stools return to normal and I’m researching some foods that do not have sweet potatoes, since he has the yeast issues. I’m looking at Wellness Simple Recipes, but it’s not offered in a puppy formula. What would you recommend?

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cooper
    Likes (Received)

Thank you! Do I need a prescription for that?

Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cooper
    Likes (Received)

Also, the vet did do a fecal test which came up negative for parasites. Would giardia have been detected in that test? He’s gaining weight and is active.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AKbully View Post
    Also, the vet did do a fecal test which came up negative for parasites. Would giardia have been detected in that test? Hes gaining weight and is active.
    Giardia has to be tested for specifically so you might want to call the vet and ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I was letting him free feed, about 2 cups total a day. then I actually read one of your articles about diarrhea and over feeding, which I mentioned to the vet as a possible factor to the diarrhea. So, she recommended 1 1/4 cups, divided up 3x a day. I felt that was too little so I went to about 1 3/4 divided up 3x a day and then the next day I realized I should listen to the vet. Last night I started on the bland diet for some gut rest for him. Im only feeding him 1/2 a cup of boiled hamburger meat with rice and I plan on doing that 3x a day. Is this the right amount for a puppy or still too much?
    I plan to feed him the bland diet until his stools return to normal and Im researching some foods that do not have sweet potatoes, since he has the yeast issues. Im looking at Wellness Simple Recipes, but its not offered in a puppy formula. What would you recommend?
    Look at some of these foods.... Zingnature, Acana, Orijen, Earthborn Holistic, Fromm. They are top quality kibbles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

@AKbully, I personally find your brand has too much potatoes n peas. First ingredient is beef then 2 veggies then lamb. Proteins needs to be one behind each other and not in between. Potatoes n peas can give a belly gas. I keep reading all your comments and seems even the vet isnt sure what it is. If it was one of my dogs, now this is me I would put my dog on a fast (fasting) for 12-24 hrs. Dont worry they wont die of starvation. Must always have water at all times. This is a recipe I kept as one of my Doberman years ago had same issue as yours.

Goes like this: After fasting, feed a bland diet. 1 part boiled, skinless, boneless chicken breast to 2 parts boiled rice (brown or white). Do not use any oil, salt, seasoning, or any other additives. Feed your dog very small portions 3-4 times a day for the next 5 days or so, gradually increasing the amount to their normal daily portion.

Continue feeding the bland diet until your dog returns to normal, then add on a couple days. Gradually incorporate your dogs normal food. Start with normal food with chicken and rice, then and and so on, until youre feeding as usual again.

You can also later add some yogurt since hes a pup. Go slowly!!!

Your Kibble: Deboned Beef, Sweet Potatoes, Peas, Lamb Meal, Potatoes, Pork Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Pea Protein, Potato Protein, Natural Flavor, Salmon Oil, Deboned Salmon, Flaxseed Oil, Apples, Blueberries, Gelatin, Salt, Organic Dried Alfalfa Meal, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid ...

9. Likes 2BullyMama, oscarmayer liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Thank you! Do I need a prescription for that?
    No, febendazole doesn't need a Rx. If changing the food to a better quality one at smaller amounts doesn't help, plus you can try adding canned pumpkin ( not the pie filling one ) and probiotics, then try the febendazole. https://www.amazon.com/Merck-Safegua...gateway&sr=8-3

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads