Male or female

stanlee

Aug 8, 2019
Leeds
Country
united kingdon
Bulldog(s) Names
Maisey
Hi we was going to get a pup last week but it didn't work out.
We already have a almost 4 year old Shih Tzu male "not castrated. He's fine when playing with other dogs on the park but we are not sure at home.
We just watched the dog whisperer TV show and a family was wanting another dog to join there adult male and Ceaser suggested getting a bitch because 2 males can become competitive for dominance in the home.
What are everyone's thought's on this. In your experience do you think another male could create problems. Will a female be better to bring into our home.
Thanks

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Two males could be an issue and might be more of an issue if they are not neutered. You would have to make sure YOU are alpha. A lot of people like a male/female combo. I have two males, both are neutered. They’ve had a couple scuffles over toys but that could happen with any sex. I love the males but if I ever added a third, I’d do a female.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree... if you have a male now, get a female. chnces are better they will balance out... I also have two males, both neuter, but hey know we are the leaders in the home so we RARELY have any issue. There is an occasional try for dominance, but they quickly realize they are out of line

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online