Funny stories....

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
This could be fun, I just remembered this so I figured I would share. ;)

A couple years ago my sil brought my boys some of those fancy cookies that smell like people cookies. I had them up on a ledge above my counter for them. We had Christams at our haouse that year and my cousin, who was a bit "happy" started eating them. Apparently they were good cuz I am not even sure how many she ate before I caught her and told her they were dog treats. The whole family makes fun of her for that! Anyone else got good stories to share? :D

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
My son asked if he could try a peice of one of those Muddy Puppy treats- I thought hey, I know what's in them, all natural yummy stuff, so why not. Gave him a small chunk of one. He said, MMM can I have one? LOL And he KNEW the whole time they were for dogs. Luckily he doesn't want to eat their "other" treats too :eek:

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
I came downstairs after getting ready today and there was Braeden and Horse sitting together on the couch sharing a bag of Horse's treats! Me "what are you boys doing?" braeden "it's ok mom, i'm sharing with horse". I love that Braeden thinks eating dog treats is ok as long as he's sharing with the dog!

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
That is cute, both your sons will have clean teeth anyhow right? Love that Braeden was "sharing" how friggin cute is that? Cant wait till my daughter is old enough for these type of things. ;)

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
I love watching kids and their dogs. Horse and B are best friends, they do everything together. When B was a baby and crawling, he used to crawl over to horse's water bowl and drink like a dog! Good thing the water bowl gets washed a few times a day! When people see Horse, they always ask how he is with braeden because he's so big and looks tough, I couldn't ask for a better dog for our family. Bullies are so good with kids!

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes Cutty is wonderful with Sierra too, she puts hats on him and covers his head with blankets and he just licks her. ;) Mugsy on the other hand loves her cuz she always is dropping food but is afraid of her craziness. lol

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
From Carol on our English Bulldog News fan page on facebook:

Carol Tutor I always made sausage balls for Christmas. One year we had gotten our bully Chopper some Pampered Pet Treats from Dr. Foster & Smith (they DO look a bit like sausage balls). Hubby's nephew ate a couple, then came in the living room and told Wayne, "Aunt Carol is such a good cook, I don't want tp hurt her feelings, but those sausage balls just don't taste right. But don't tell her I said so..." We laugh about that to this day, and I think about it every time I make sausage balls!!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
This is a bit of a gross story and was so not funny at the time, I was SO embarrassed. Now I think it's funny though. One time I was at the pet store with Samson when he was just a baby and we were walking up the little walkway to the cashier and he stopped and pooped right there! If that wasn't embarrassing enough RIGHT after (before they could get someone to clean it) a lady came walking up behind me with a cart, shes looking around not paying attention. I was like maam stop, maam stop, maam PLEASE stop, she just didn't hear me and the wheel of her cart went right thru Sam's little present. I wanted to die that day! OMG that was awful!

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Love the stories! Tessa I would have died right then and there but I am sure you arent the first person that has happened to. :D

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
LMAO that is too funny! These stories are great. Want more!!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I consider myself a good pet owner. If my backyard neighbor is outside and Vegas and Orion are barking at them, I bring them in. Him, on the other hand? He leaves his dog outside and closes his blinds so the dog (still barking) can't see in. He will let that dog bark nonstop from 7am to 10pm. If anyone is outside....doing Yoga, BBQing, etc that dog is barking. The reason I'm telling you this, I think I'm very considerate and thoughtful where my pups are concerned. A little about Vegas... Vegas is a weird pooper. He doesn't do the normal "dog poo" scrunch. No, he basically moves around and poos. This is fine, it's a little more work to clean up, but whatever he's got to do. I should say, this is fine BUT not when we are out on a walk. One time we were crossing the street and unknown to me, as we are crossing, Vegas is pooing. He poos like a horse. Just keeps walking as he's doing it. I didn't realize it until 5 minutes later when we were crossing the same street on our way back. How embarrasing!!!! There were people out mowing their lawns!!! What they must have thought as they witnessed this. I apologized profusely as I cleaned it up. I would hate that they thought I would be careless enough to leave it for someone else to deal with. I now have to walk slightly behind him and keep an eye on his bottom until he goes.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Poos like a horse :D I love it! Does that help to make for a cleaner butt? That is embarassing tho I know! Oh well, you cleaned it up thats the point right? I also know what you mean about the barking, my boys get busted for it and brought in but there are a few neighbors here that dont. Go and figure!

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
i once read a story in the local paper about a woman walking her dog, and she didnt realize she forgot her poop bags until she needed one. so, planning on coming back to pick it up later she kept walking. little did she know a police officer saw the whole thing, he pulled over, lights flashing, opened his trunk and gave her an evidence bag to pick up the poop with! imagine getting "pulled-over" for not picking up after your dog, now thats embarrassing! at least she didn't get a ticket lol!

I consider myself a good pet owner. If my backyard neighbor is outside and Vegas and Orion are barking at them, I bring them in. Him, on the other hand? He leaves his dog outside and closes his blinds so the dog (still barking) can't see in. He will let that dog bark nonstop from 7am to 10pm. If anyone is outside....doing Yoga, BBQing, etc that dog is barking. The reason I'm telling you this, I think I'm very considerate and thoughtful where my pups are concerned. A little about Vegas... Vegas is a weird pooper. He doesn't do the normal "dog poo" scrunch. No, he basically moves around and poos. This is fine, it's a little more work to clean up, but whatever he's got to do. I should say, this is fine BUT not when we are out on a walk. One time we were crossing the street and unknown to me, as we are crossing, Vegas is pooing. He poos like a horse. Just keeps walking as he's doing it. I didn't realize it until 5 minutes later when we were crossing the same street on our way back. How embarrasing!!!! There were people out mowing their lawns!!! What they must have thought as they witnessed this. I apologized profusely as I cleaned it up. I would hate that they thought I would be careless enough to leave it for someone else to deal with. I now have to walk slightly behind him and keep an eye on his bottom until he goes.

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Poos like a horse- now that is Mandy all the way. She walks while she goes so she leaves 3-5 logs in a trail. heehee

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Poos like a horse- now that is Mandy all the way. She walks while she goes so she leaves 3-5 logs in a trail. heehee

Do horse owners get in trouble for not picking up after their horses? Just wondering. I was on the jogging trail the other day and I saw several horse poo piles. Can you imagine them having to carry a poo bag for a horse!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.