Nurse Job and balance life with your Bulldog.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I am a CNA with job opportunities to work 12 hour shifts with 4 days off. Before , I consider getting another dog. How do you balance your work life with that many hours a day and your dog? I donā€™t want to leave him or her alone for that length of time . The hospital is very close to my home thatā€™s a big plus! I havenā€™t applied to any 12 hour shifts at the moment.

Looking for recommendations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have an office job, but a little under an hour commute, one way. Which has us gone for 10 hours.

We have a pet sitter come midday for 30 mins. Potty/play and Lewis works from home on Fridays.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I work from home but most weekends Iā€™m out working n gone for a good 7-8 hrs. You wonā€™t able to do this with a puppy unless you bring the puppy to have it babysit or pay someone babysit at your house for 12hrs cause of puppy needs. Having chosen Jake, Dukeā€™s brother was much easier as he was already potty trained. I still crate him while Iā€™m gone them long hours. Itā€™s a big decision to have a dog n work long hours. Wouldnā€™t be fair to neither.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We have an office job, but a little under an hour commute, one way. Which has us gone for 10 hours.

We have a pet sitter come midday for 30 mins. Potty/play and Lewis works from home on Fridays.

Good idea , I can always get a pet sitter to come in for 30 minutes during the mid day or afternoon before I am home.
I to get another rescue.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I work from home but most weekends Iā€™m out working n gone for a good 7-8 hrs. You wonā€™t able to do this with a puppy unless you bring the puppy to have it babysit or pay someone babysit at your house for 12hrs cause of puppy needs. Having chosen Jake, Dukeā€™s brother was much easier as he was already potty trained. I still crate him while Iā€™m gone them long hours. Itā€™s a big decision to have a dog n work long hours. Wouldnā€™t be fair to neither.

I am planning to get another rescue from the same place I got Porkchop.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I am planning to get another rescue from the same place I got

Good job!!! I know itā€™s extremely hard to lose our fur babies and wanting to replace them not long after. I know I needed a break. If it wasnā€™t for Nyala laying in front of the back door cause it was Dukeā€™s last exit and waiting for days n not moving, I sure wouldnā€™t have gotten a 2nd one. But you know, Jake helped/s a lot of the healing. Keeps you busy n you move on.

Canā€™t wait to see photos :yes:

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good job!!! I know itā€™s extremely hard to lose our fur babies and wanting to replace them not long after. I know I needed a break. If it wasnā€™t for Nyala laying in front of the back door cause it was Dukeā€™s last exit and waiting for days n not moving, I sure wouldnā€™t have gotten a 2nd one. But you know, Jake helped/s a lot of the healing. Keeps you busy n you move on.

Canā€™t wait to see photos :yes:

Right now, I am just looking before I get back into being a bulldog mom again. I miss Porkchop tremendously! My grieving still kicks in and I lose it. She will never be replaced my one and only PC[emoji3590]
When I am ready, it will come from Southern California Bulldog Rescue.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Right now, I am just looking before I get back into being a bulldog mom again. I miss Porkchop tremendously! My grieving still kicks in and I lose it. She will never be replaced my one and only PC[emoji3590]
When I am ready, it will come from Southern California Bulldog Rescue.

[emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I became a foster mom to a six year old male English Bulldog. I just got him yesterday. Everything is new to him.

He does have a very habit , humping. I used a squirt bottle to keep off my leg.

He loves to cuddle but he takes it to a higher level. Heā€™s a love machine , I asked him donā€™t you get tired? Lol

He brings me joy after losing my sweet Porkchop. Sheā€™s gone but not forgotten.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I became a foster mom to a six year old male English Bulldog. I just got him yesterday. Everything is new to him.

He does have a very habit , humping. I used a squirt bottle to keep off my leg.

He loves to cuddle but he takes it to a higher level. Heā€™s a love machine , I asked him donā€™t you get tired? Lol

He brings me joy after losing my sweet Porkchop. Sheā€™s gone but not forgotten. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow... thatā€™s great foster momma!!! Love machine will bring it down a few notches since youā€™re on it. Btw, where are the photos??? Our fur babies are gone but very true, never forgotten! :no:

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow... thatā€™s great foster momma!!! Love machine will bring it down a few notches since youā€™re on it. Btw, where are the photos??? Our fur babies are gone but very true, never forgotten! :no:

This is Chubbs 6 year old male and very sweet and loving.
32dbe9162abb56fcb05b0dc15665e885.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
This is Chubbs 6 year old male and very sweet and loving.
32dbe9162abb56fcb05b0dc15665e885.jpg

Congratulations to you both... he has a great foster home and you got a handsome little guy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Congratulations to you both... he has a great foster home and you got a handsome little guy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! Heā€™s so loveable. He has a humping issue. I am working with him on that. I hope he breaks that bad habit.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you! Heā€™s so loveable. He has a humping issue. I am working with him on that. I hope he breaks that bad habit. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a cute Casanova! Lolll. You got this, heā€™s not going to win...I like him, heā€™s adorable:)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Congrats! Since you are fostering g, do you think you will try to adopt him?

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.