Nacho is leaving a lot of food in his bowl

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Hi everyone!

Recently over the last week or two Iā€™ve noticed that nacho my EB has been leaving food in his bowl. Prior to this, he was always eager to eat and wouldnā€™t leave a single kibble behind.

He started off by leaving about 10 kibbles behind sometimes he would leave around 5, and recently heā€™s leaving about HALF OF HIS FOOD IN THE BOWL!

Heā€™s 2 years old, he eats taste of the wild, about 1 cup per meal, twice a day. I leave his food in the morning, and head out to work. He used to be eager to get his food, drool over it and now itā€™s like he lost interest.

Heā€™s still very VERY energetic, heā€™s fun, heā€™s friendly, heā€™s still the same character overall, itā€™s just this food thing thatā€™s changing.

Is there something that might be happening? Might he be over the food? Is he just not rushed?

If you guys have any foods you would recommend that would be great!

Thank you so much for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
An be bored of it. Try changing flavours. Btw, have some been feeding human food to him? Piece of toast or bacon etc...recently I been through this with Nyala And she eats raw. I took it away from her. She has a hard head n did almost 2 days without eating. Well guess my head was harder. She eventually ate. When mine were on kibbles I would rotate every bag once done. Just a thought.

OP
nachothebulldog

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
An be bored of it. Try changing flavours. Btw, have some been feeding human food to him? Piece of toast or bacon etc...recently I been through this with Nyala And she eats raw. I took it away from her. She has a hard head n did almost 2 days without eating. Well guess my head was harder. She eventually ate. When mine were on kibbles I would rotate every bag once done. Just a thought.

Any bags/ brands that you would recommend?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My pups leave food in the bowl, especially in the hot summer months. You could try to switch up his food for a change... we recommend Fromm's, Acana, Origen or Eathrborne Holistic. Remember a gradual change to avoid any stomach issues, 1/4 cup at a time mixed w/his old food.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Any bags/ brands that you would recommend?

In kibbles im an acana fan as it has more % in meat protein, less in legume protein plus it has tripe. Go one protein per bag. Once bag is finished get another protein. Rotate. As [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] mentioned thereā€™s those other brands and yes transition is important.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi everyone!

Recently over the last week or two Iā€™ve noticed that nacho my EB has been leaving food in his bowl. Prior to this, he was always eager to eat and wouldnā€™t leave a single kibble behind.

He started off by leaving about 10 kibbles behind sometimes he would leave around 5, and recently heā€™s leaving about HALF OF HIS FOOD IN THE BOWL!

Heā€™s 2 years old, he eats taste of the wild, about 1 cup per meal, twice a day. I leave his food in the morning, and head out to work. He used to be eager to get his food, drool over it and now itā€™s like he lost interest.

Heā€™s still very VERY energetic, heā€™s fun, heā€™s friendly, heā€™s still the same character overall, itā€™s just this food thing thatā€™s changing.

Is there something that might be happening? Might he be over the food? Is he just not rushed?

If you guys have any foods you would recommend that would be great!

Thank you so much for your help!

What and how much are you feeding? How many times a day?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.