Agression after being spayed

Lunasmommies

Sep 2, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
So my sweet little girl was spayed 3 weeks ago and ever since she has been a complete asshole (for lack of better word lol) She has been super aggressive and humping so much. She used to try to hump people before she was spayed but its increased by like 80 percent. Now she will just come out of nowhere and grab onto your arm super tight and try to hump. When I tell her no she will growl and try to bite me. Before she was spayed I was definitely the boss in the house and I feel like that's all went out the window. Now I feel like we made a mistake by spaying her :( I want my sweet puppy back.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Since I have always had 4 or 5 dogs at a time (mostly females) I have always had them spayed. I never had such a thing happen! I don't even understand that. Perhaps the vet didn't get all the tissue out? I only know that if a stallion is castrated, and part of the tissue is overlooked, the animal will still act like a stallion. Or she may have pain for some reason. That is a good question to ask of your veterinarian. This is something that should not be happening normally. Perhaps someone else can explain this...

OP
L

Lunasmommies

Sep 2, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
Since I have always had 4 or 5 dogs at a time (mostly females) I have always had them spayed. I never had such a thing happen! I don't even understand that. Perhaps the vet didn't get all the tissue out? I only know that if a stallion is castrated, and part of the tissue is overlooked, the animal will still act like a stallion. Or she may have pain for some reason. That is a good question to ask of your veterinarian. This is something that should not be happening normally. Perhaps someone else can explain this...

I'm going to call the vet tomorrow. She doesnt seem to be pain, she plays, eats, sleeps, climbs stairs, pees and poops normally. It's just the humping :bitching:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would say to give it some time... her hormones are going into overdrive, and it will take time to get them sorted out.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So my sweet little girl was spayed 3 weeks ago and ever since she has been a complete asshole (for lack of better word lol) She has been super aggressive and humping so much. She used to try to hump people before she was spayed but its increased by like 80 percent. Now she will just come out of nowhere and grab onto your arm super tight and try to hump. When I tell her no she will growl and try to bite me. Before she was spayed I was definitely the boss in the house and I feel like that's all went out the window. Now I feel like we made a mistake by spaying her :( I want my sweet puppy back.

I would say to give it some time... her hormones are going into overdrive, and it will take time to get them sorted out.

Agree with Tracey... I've heard this happen to males, so why not to females.... give her a week or so to settle down. As it could also be from the anesthesia

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.