Spaying

Rod52

Feb 26, 2015
New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
What's the earliest should you spay your female bulldog.. I spayed my first female before her first cycle she turned out fine. I'm getting a female puppy in a few weeks so this time I'm thinking about waiting until she has her first cycle. One more question how long does the cycle usually last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
What's the earliest should you spay your female bulldog.. I spayed my first female before her first cycle she turned out fine. I'm getting a female puppy in a few weeks so this time I'm thinking about waiting until she has her first cycle. One more question how long does the cycle usually last?
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] will help you and others that went through this. I personally would wait “after” her first cycle. And also have her tubes tied instead. But that’s me.

Lunasmommies

Sep 2, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
We waited until after her first cycle to spay. I'm pretty sure that it was 21 days of bleeding, felt more like a year because it was so much work!

OP
Rod52

Rod52

Feb 26, 2015
New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
How much work was it ?

OP
Rod52

Rod52

Feb 26, 2015
New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
Is there diapers you can use to lessen your work so it wont be to much mess

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] she has plenty of experience

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Crap I put [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] instead... like duhhh

Just saw this...was wondering when I got experience with females [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Thanks for thinking of me though!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
It's great if you can wait until your dog is 1 year of age. Sounds gross, but I had another female dog before who would lick the blood off and there wasn't much mess.

OP
Rod52

Rod52

Feb 26, 2015
New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
It's great if you can wait until your dog is 1 year of age. Sounds gross, but I had another female dog before who would lick the blood off and there wasn't much mess.
If I do decide to wait she will be wearing some type of diaper until I get home . I don't want to deal with to much of a mess . I had to beg the wife to get this puppy. So I don't need to much of a mess until I get home from work

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] she has plenty of experience

We used washable diapers we got from Chewy.com with a sanitary pad in it. It was not that bad as Bella was fine with wearing them. She would even stop at the door when being let in to let me put it on. Now hubby wanted no part of that so... I did it 99% of the time. And I did kind of feel like a longer than the 2-3 weeks. Lol
Oh and she got out only one time with it on....so she pooped in it! :-/
She ran out so fast (I guess cause she really has to go!!!)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.