English bulldog puppy looks a little different?

Nancynoo

Aug 1, 2019
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Nancy
Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 345

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Welcome!! I am by no means an expert but your daughter's pup looks 100% EB to me....and STUNNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The size of her paws and that beautiful face!!!!! That's all I can offer. What is this beauty's name?

OP
N

Nancynoo

Aug 1, 2019
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Nancy
Ah thank you for the reply!! Itā€™s putting my mind to rest. I know itā€™s not logical to think she could be anything but EB given her paperwork, she just looks different to my girl thatā€™s all.
She doesnā€™t have a name yet ļæ½ļæ½ they are struggling to choose one x

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I go to a well known (in Houston) bully vet and always see bulldogs while I am there. I am always amazed at how different they can look for obviously being the same breed! Big ones (mine usually being the biggest), small ones, some with more nose ropes than others, etc, etc. I think your daughter's puppy looks perfect!

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Oh my....she is adorable!
Canā€™t wait to see more pictures!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
She is a beautiful pup! "real" EBD's have so many looks! I have two from same parents, and they are totally different! :welcome:to you and your Bullies!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Different how?

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
My eyeball says she belongs to the EBD club with full membership rights.

Can you share the pics of your other EBD so we get to see why you are doubting her.

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
Welcome to the club. Find a spot where there isn't much slobber and have a seat. That is a pretty little bully girl you got there. I'm pretty sure if she wasn't full EBD, she would still be welcome here. Lets see more pictures of that little beauty and your other EBD as well please.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Your puppy looks good from the purebredness point of view, I cannot see any signs of other dogs bloodline in her. I can presume that you might want her face to be a bit wider and head rounder (because it is the only thing I could think of you might want to look better), but it doesnā€™t mean that she is not absolutely purebred. She obviously is purebred, but as people have different faces and facial expressions, the same is with dogs. All puppies from one litter look similar, but different. Let alone bulldogs from different bloodlines. At the moment she is very young and it is not easy to imagine how she will look as an adult. It takes them up to 3 years to fully grow and shape into a bulldog. Her body and big paws look lovely, nice tail. Thick nose rope. Head will still grow. But I have no doubt about purebredness.
From the bully lover point of view she is absolutely adorable!

OP
N

Nancynoo

Aug 1, 2019
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Nancy
Thank you!!!

Attachments

• C8CED65B-8C91-45DC-8D02-B4723EBE349D.jpeg
    C8CED65B-8C91-45DC-8D02-B4723EBE349D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 242

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you all for your replies!!

I think Iā€™m worried because her head and body are narrower than my Nancy was, and she does have a look of Oeb to me. Here is my Nancy at her age...

Her behaviour is totally different to my experience of EB too, sheā€™s more like a terrier. Very yappy, very high energy, growly and wired! Plus I canā€™t even hear her breathing when sheā€™s sleeping let alone snoring ļæ½ļæ½

I just compared both together and the new one has more wrinkles than Nancy had. Believe me, you will have EB thatā€™s extremely high in energy n wired up. We are so use seeing and hearing EB are lazy n sleeps all day. Thatā€™s up to the owners to keep their dogs active. Any breed.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Nancy was an adorable baby, we would love to see her grown up current pictures please!
You know, within one litter some puppies are classified like having dog show potential, because their looks is 150% with the standard, and they are sold for big bucks with breeding perspectives, and their brothers and sisters coming from the same parents with dog show awards, are predicted to have only pet quality, and sold two or three times cheaper. Not every bulldog is born the same. Itā€™s like with people - we all have eyes, ears, mouth and body, but not all of us are considered beautiful enough to participate in beauty contest:Dthe same with dogs! Only some of them have exceptional bulldog looks! I myself am absolutely insane about every bulldog trait - I adore these flat faces, nose ropes, rose shaped ears, underbite, skew little toothies, wrinkles, big front paws, crooked tails, high butts, funny roll, prancing hind legs, snores, drools and farts and donā€™t want any alterations to the breed standard. I want bulldogs to be those British oddities they supposed to be. But it is actually very good that her breathing is quiet and she doesnā€™t snore. It means less stress and vet expenses for owner and happier and probably longer life for herself!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
And energy...donā€™t believe that all bulldogs are couch potatoes, NEVER! My bulldog is very active and makes me tired with his activities. Have to restrict him otherwise he will kill himself.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.