if only our Bullies could write to us.. read this

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Ten Commandments of a responsible pet owner
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me ā€“ it is crucial for my well-being

4. Donā€™t be angry with me for long, and donā€™t lock me up for my punishment. You have your work, your friends, and your entertainment. I have only you!

5. Talk to me. Even if I donā€™t understand your words, I understand your voice when itā€™s speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, Iā€™ll NEVER forget it.

7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps Iā€™m not getting the right food, Iā€™ve been out in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old. You, too, will grow old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, ā€œI canā€™t bear to watch itā€ or, ā€œLet it happen on my absence.ā€ Everything is easier for ME if you are there. Remember, I love you.

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
Very good :D me and my husband were just talking about that this morning we said "wonder what r bulldogs would say if they could talk" we love them to death & they know it.

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
me too. we had a rough experience with Duke this past weekend ( all is fine now ) and my cousin emailed this poem to me.. I could not sleep all weekend and all I kept saying to her was I just wish he could talk and tell me what is wrong. I cherish my Duke! :heart:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Wow, i loved reading this. It got me all choked up!
I can't wait to get home and give my baby a big hug and lots of kisses:luv:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ten Commandments of a responsible pet owner
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me ā€“ it is crucial for my well-being

4. Donā€™t be angry with me for long, and donā€™t lock me up for my punishment. You have your work, your friends, and your entertainment. I have only you!

5. Talk to me. Even if I donā€™t understand your words, I understand your voice when itā€™s speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, Iā€™ll NEVER forget it.

7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps Iā€™m not getting the right food, Iā€™ve been out in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old. You, too, will grow old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, ā€œI canā€™t bear to watch itā€ or, ā€œLet it happen on my absence.ā€ Everything is easier for ME if you are there. Remember, I love you.

I love this, can I promote it to the article section? [MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION]

also, do you know who the author is?

L

Lucy-licious

Oh no! Tears and snot again....the hardest journey I ever made was the one back from the vets office without Shep.

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeeell, Iffin my Duke could talk.........He would probably set down the Law........and it be like this............DUKE'S LAWS
DOG SPELLED BACKWARDS = DUKE
STICKS ARE SACRED
ALL TOYS AND FUN STUFF BELONG TO-ME ALL OF YOUR THINGS ARE - OURS
Unless it hits the floor, then its-MINE
THE BED BELONGS TO - MOSTLY ME
EVERYTHING ELSE IS - MINE, MINE, MINE
THOU SHALT ALWAYS BE WILLING TO PLAY, PLAY, PLAY
ALL PEOPLE FOOD AND SNACKS WILL BE SHARED
WITH - ME
MILKBONE AND BEGGIN' STRIPS SHALL BE FURNSIHED AT MY REQUEST
AND FINALLY, WHAT YOU DID FOR ME LATELY WAS NICE,
but what can You do for me now?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thank you...in my life experience..I have come to believe there is nothing as special as an old dog. We have learned so much from our senior babies..going to give my two guys big love and tell THEM thank you also.

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
"10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, ā€œI canā€™t bear to watch itā€ or, ā€œLet it happen on my absence.ā€ Everything is easier for ME if you are there. Remember, I love you."

I made it to #10--then I teared up!! Thanks for sharing.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online