The full list of foods associated with DCM

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Iā€™m confused. 93% of kibbles out there has peas and/or lentils. FDA really has not much to do with their time. If there is MORE ā€œmeat as proteinā€ and barely legumes nothing is wrong with that. Hereā€™s an example I just picked...do the math...

Thereā€™s a lot of ā€œmeat proteinā€ in this bag. Also bare in mind thereā€™s more protein as fat n liver mixed in the 4%, 2% in the legumes. So to my eyes I sure would feed my dogs that bag in a heartbeat if they werenā€™t on raw. Iā€™ve also looked up the other brands they mentioned but they donā€™t seem to detail the % of their ingredients in the bags. I wanted to do the math but doesnā€™t show.

SINGLE PROTEIN BAG OF GRASS FED LAMB FROM ACANA

Raw grass-fed lamb (18%), lamb meat meal (18%), whole green peas, whole red lentils, raw lamb liver (4%), lamb fat (4%), fresh red delicious apples (4%), whole garbanzo beans, whole green lentils, whole yellow peas, raw lamb tripe (2%), raw lamb kidney (2%), dried lamb cartilage (2%), lentil fibre, marine algae (1.2%) (pure and sustainable source of DHA and EPA), fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole pumpkin, dried brown kelp, freeze-dried lamb liver (0.1%), salt, fresh whole cranberries, fresh whole blueberries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium. SUPPLEMENTS: Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Zinc Chelate, Copper Chelate.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Still not buying it and I'm basing my thinking on personal experience which includes nearly 1000 Bulldogs over 20 years.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Still not buying it and I'm basing my thinking on personal experience which includes nearly 1000 Bulldogs over 20 years.

I trust your word (opinion) [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] over any other "reports". So why now after years and years, all the "other" brands, such as Beneful, Purina, etc.(the grocery store brands) are now coming out with grain free, which they never had before....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Right there with you... not buying it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I trust your word (opinion) [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] over any other "reports". So why now after years and years, all the "other" brands, such as Beneful, Purina, etc.(the grocery store brands) are now coming out with grain free, which they never had before....

BANG ON!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.