Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
So apparently we had a 4.6 magnitude earthquake at around 3 am this morning really close to where I live. I didn't feel a thing but Louie was acting weird all night...he kept jumping off the bed in the wee hours and pacing around the room. So I have decided he is my very own Lassie and he knew it was coming. I have heard that dogs can sense things like that so maybe. Jax slept through it all.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
So apparently we had a 4.6 magnitude earthquake at around 3 am this morning really close to where I live. I didn't feel a thing but Louie was acting weird all night...he kept jumping off the bed in the wee hours and pacing around the room. So I have decided he is my very own Lassie and he knew it was coming. I have heard that dogs can sense things like that so maybe. Jax slept through it all.

Well that just PROVES it, he's called KING LOUIE for a very good reason :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Gotta pay attention to these munchkins.. they know *hit[emoji23][emoji23]

Take it all is OK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yup...all is good. It wasn't big enough to cause any major damage.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Gotta pay attention to these munchkins.. they know *hit[emoji23][emoji23] :lmaogirl:Love this sentence-it made me laugh!

Take it all is OK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know several times yesterday, I heard these booms-the kind that you can feel-wonder if they were small quakes? Happy that Louie is your seismoligist,and warning system! Glad all is well there! [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
You know several times yesterday, I heard these booms-the kind that you can feel-wonder if they were small quakes? Happy that Louie is your seismoligist,and warning system! Glad all is well there! [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]

I guess next time I will pay attention instead of yelling at him to get back into bed and lay down :laugh:

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
When we lived is SoCal, our dogs would bark hysterically and run around before an earthquake

Years back, when that huge tsunami hit southern Asia, it was reported that the wild animals headed for higher grounds...the majority of animals that died were in captivity

all other animals definitely are more in tuned to nature than us humans

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Good boy, Louie! And good to hear there were no damages.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes animals sense all. Why wildlife like mentioned starts running before anything happens. They will get out of harms way. Louie didn’t want to fall off the bed. :no::yes::no:

Mmaker

Feb 21, 2016
New Mexico
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elsie
When we had a 7 last November Elsie stayed under the kitchen table on her cot the day before and the morning of only leaving to do her business outside. So I agree they can sense things beforehand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
if one morning a massive quake hit East Tennessee my two wouldn’t wake up. Not in the morning.

crabcake

Jan 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crabcake
Well I can confirm that Crabcake did not stop snoring during either earthquake, I also am able to sneak up on him in his crate in the morning sometimes when he doesn't hear me wake up so.... not the most observant bully ever

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.