I got X-Rays done on my girl

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I took Miss Porkchop to the vet . We found out itā€™s not Cushings like the vet said in observation. The X-rays showed the true diagnosis. Sheā€™s got enlarged heart and arthritis on her back. Sheā€™s on meds surgery and sonogram process would have to be done. The vet said, at her age she probably wonā€™t survive surgery.

I am taking care of her as much as possible. I am letting her live her life until sheā€™s ready . At the moment , sheā€™s in good spirits , eating and drinking.
She just turned 10 years old. She had a great time with family. I bought her a cake with her name on it. She was such a big ham. Her birthday is July 3. We celebrated on the 4th.
236dbf033eec10f73725ea6a5797088b.jpg
7e37ec1f3eabc5d3e655f68cd20c1e2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Pork Chop-:juggle::cake3::cake3::juggle::snoopy:You made me laugh with your birthday suit on! :yes: What a nice cake-yum! Hope you have a good several years and birthdays more!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor sings for Miss Porkchop, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you! We wish her all the best!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Happy Birthday Porkchop !
You might want to give her some supplements for her back, eg. Movoflex, turmeric , Actiflex-4000

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I took Miss Porkchop to the vet . We found out itā€™s not Cushings like the vet said in observation. The X-rays showed the true diagnosis. Sheā€™s got enlarged heart and arthritis on her back. Sheā€™s on meds surgery and sonogram process would have to be done. The vet said, at her age she probably wonā€™t survive surgery.

I am taking care of her as much as possible. I am letting her live her life until sheā€™s ready . At the moment , sheā€™s in good spirits , eating and drinking.
She just turned 10 years old. She had a great time with family. I bought her a cake with her name on it. She was such a big ham. Her birthday is July 3. We celebrated on the 4th.

A very, very, very happy birthday sweetheart !!!!!!

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N

My Missy has the same - we thought cushings also, but she has an enlarged heart - keeps getting bigger each month. She is 10 also. She is a mixed breed and should weight 5 pounds, but weighs 10 because of her heart and enlarged liver.

IMG_0179.jpg

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Turmeric and CBD will help for sure.
Happy Birthday, PorkChop!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Agree with Chip, definitely turmeric n CBD. Also I know you do essential oils, best for arthritis/joints is Frankincense, Peppermint, and Helichrysum. Mix it in CO or Jojoba oil. If you have a cat omit the peppermint. This mix will get the blood circulation going. In your Diffuser add lavender, tea tree, rosemary n eucalyptus with a few drops of lemongrass. Just a thought :)

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
As of last night , she lost complete use of her hind legs. I am lost, I really donā€™t know what to do.

Sheā€™s a fighter, I need to put diapers on her. I see she tries to get up. I help her with her harness belt to get up and walk a bit. The same way you would ambulatory an elderly person. Itā€™s not 100% mobility.

Sheā€™s resting at the moment.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Missy has the same - we thought cushings also, but she has an enlarged heart - keeps getting bigger each month. She is 10 also. She is a mixed breed and should weight 5 pounds, but weighs 10 because of her heart and enlarged liver.

View attachment 116985

Miss Porkchop is opposite instead of gaining sheā€™s losing weight.
Sheā€™s cute

They are fighters!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers to you all.... happy belated birthday beautiful girl.

(((Hugs)))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Miss Porkchop is opposite instead of gaining sheā€™s losing weight.
Sheā€™s cute
They are fighters!

Do you have a/c in the house? If so, lower it a bit as cold temperatures n arthritis donā€™t like one another. Why in winter seniors flocks down south. I would start with CBD n turmeric immediately n massage her back with the oil mix. Just a thought :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.