Worst day ever 😭

MomofJake

Sep 17, 2017
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Two days ago our 10 yr old eb Jake hurt his back leg. We waited a day to take him to the vet to see if it would get better on its own. Yesterday he seemed worse so I made him a vet apt. Yesterday evening I started to notice other symptoms that he wasn’t feeling well. Today he was much worse but I never expected to leave the vets without him I expected an anti inflammatory and antibiotics. Sadly the vet said he had bone cancer and it wasn’t good she thought he was suffering. My heart is so broken. How did he go down hill so fast in two days? Rest easy Jake.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
So sorry to hear this; we're thinking of Jake and you.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Very sorry to hear Mom. You did the right thing letting him go. Bone cancer can be very painful and thankfully, he had you, and you had the strength to shield him from that pain. I hope your healing comes quickly.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Ellie and I are so very to hear this, and send our best to you during this very tender time

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
So very sorry to hear this. RIP sweet Jake.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
So sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
So sorry for your loss! But you did right thing. What concerns how he could go from good to bad so quick it is bulldogs high pain tolerance- they start to limp or look sour only when the pain is really bad. Before when it is more or less tolerable they look happy and healthy. That’s the problem with bulldogs, often they show us that something is wrong when it is too late.

OP
M

MomofJake

Sep 17, 2017
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
That’s what made this so hard it was so fast it was a shock to us.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh I am so sorry!!!! How shocking and heart breaking! Joey and I send you big, bully hugs and prayers. I hope that the 10 years of love and memories of Jake somehow bring you comfort!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm SO very sorry to read this, my sincere condolences... RIP Jake

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
It’s awful. Just Terrible. I read this and started to cry over our frenchie we lost 5 years ago. We (I) take pictures. A lot of stupid pictures. But if you have some funny pictures of Jake pull them out. Keep them out handy. It helps me. Hang in there. Sorry for your loss.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So very sad to hear about Jake. Yes, Bullies have a high pain threshhold , and he may have never shown it until now...Try to dwell on the good years he gave you, and that you wouldn't have wanted him to continue suffering. We all know how you will miss him, but he has pain no longer, and he loved you as much as you love him.So sorry for your loss. He will always be in your heart.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So incredibly sorry for you loss... he was loved and cared for by you all.

Rest In Peace sweet Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.